Street Fighter 5 won’t launch [FIX]
Street Fighter 5 is a fluid, reliable game, but sometimes players can’t launch it. When they hit the play button, nothing happens, an error message appears on the screen, or the loading process suddenly stops.
Here’s how one gamer describes this issue:
Downloaded game, downloaded update. Game will not launch when I hit play. My frame turns green for maybe 2 seconds, then absolutely nothing happens. The game will not even launch. No error. No nothing. It just won’t even start.
If you can’t launch Street Fighter 5, follow the troubleshooting steps listed in this article to solve the problem.
How to fix Street Fighter 5 launch issues
1. Add Street Fighter 5 to your antivirus’ exceptions list
One of the reasons why you can’t launch Street Fighter 5 is because the game conflicts with your antivirus and security programs. Many players confirm that adding ST5 to your antivirus’ exceptions list fixes this problem.
It appears that Windows Defender, Security Essentials, AVG and Avast Antivirus often have false positives on the external SFV laucher.
2. Install the latest Windows and driver updates
Make sure that your computer has all the necessary resources to properly run this game. Install the latest OS updates available, as well as the latest graphics driver updates.
3. Restart your PC, run both Steam and SFV as an Administrator
4. Verify the integrity of the game cache. For a step-by-step guide, check out Steam’s support page.
5. Perform a clean boot
- Type System Configuration in the search box > hit Enter
- On the Services tab > select the Hide all Microsoft services check box > click Disable all.
- On the Startup tab > click on Open Task Manager.
- On the Startup tab in Task Manager > select all items > click Disable.
- Close the Task Manager.
- On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box >click OK > restart your computer.
6. Disable IPv6
You can use this workaround to fix both ST5 launch issues, as well as random crashes:
- Go to Start > type “View network connections” > select the first result
- Right click your Ethernet adapters > go to Properties > Disable IPv6
7. Unplug all the peripherals from your computer, launch ST5 and then plug them back in.
We hope that the solutions listed above helped you to fix Street Fighter 5’s launch issues. If you’ve come across other workarounds to fix this problem, you can list the troubleshooting steps in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft launching Project Scorpio with many one player games optimized for the console
- How to fix game crashes and other issues on Windows 10 Creators Update
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]