- The system_scan_at_raised_irql_caught_improper_driver_unload error is usually generated by damaged files.
- We advise you to repair your system with a great tool that can restore your PC to optimum health.
- Don't exclude having to remove certain problematic drivers in order to solve the improper driver unload alert.
- Your antivirus software can also be a problem so you might need to uninstall it from your PC.
Blue Screen of Death errors are probably some of the most serious errors that you can get on Windows 10.
Errors such as SYSTEM_SCAN_AT_RAISED_IRQL_CAUGHT_IMPROPER_DRIVER_UNLOAD will restart your computer in order to prevent damage to your PC, therefore it’s crucial that you know how to fix them.
SYSTEM_SCAN_AT_RAISED_IRQL_CAUGHT_IMPROPER_DRIVER_UNLOAD can be a problematic error, and users reported the following issues as well:
- System_scan_at_raised_irql_caught_improper_driver_unload Windows 10
- This error can affect any version of Windows and users reported this issue in Windows 10.
- System_scan_at_raised_irql_caught_improper_driver_unload spac.sys, nvlddmkm.sys
- Sometimes this error message will give you the name of the file that caused it.
- If this happens, you can use the file name to easily find the software, hardware or driver that is causing this issue.
How do I fix SYSTEM SCAN AT RAISED IRQL errors?
1. Repair Windows 10 with a specialized software
We recommend using third-party software that scans your PC and aims to repair all the damaged files that keep your Windows OS from working properly. It’s a fast and secure way to protect your device and maintain your system in optimal condition.
Restoro is powered by an online database that features the latest functional system files for Windows 10 PCs, allowing you to easily replace any elements that can cause a BSoD error.
This software can also help you by creating a restore point before starting the repairs, enabling you to easily restore the previous version of your system if something goes wrong.
This is how you can fix registry errors using Restoro:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for the software to identify stability issues and possible corrupted files.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
As soon as the fixing process is completed, your PC should work without problems, and you will not have to worry about BSoD errors or slow response times ever again.
Disclaimer: This program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Update Windows 10
Windows 10 isn’t a perfect operating system, and there are some minor flaws with it. Apparently, certain hardware or software isn’t fully compatible with Windows 10 and that can cause Blue Screen of Death errors to appear.
Fortunately, developers are working hard to fix these issues, and they are frequently releasing new patches through Windows Update.
Many of these patches bring security improvements and bug fixes related to both hardware and software.
Therefore if you want your PC to be safe and without BSoD errors, we strongly advise you to update Windows 10 frequently.
3. Uninstall the problematic drivers
- Press Windows Key + X to open Power User Menu.
- Select Device Manager from the list.
- Once Device Manager opens, locate your graphic card driver, right-click it, and choose Uninstall device.
- If available, check to Delete driver software for this device and click OK.
- Wait for Windows 10 to remove your driver and restart your PC.
Sometimes certain drivers just aren’t compatible with Windows 10, and in order to fix this Blue Screen of Death error, you’ll have to remove them.
Graphics card drivers are usually the cause for this error, therefore it’s recommended to uninstall the problematic driver.
Some users are also suggesting using Display Driver Uninstaller to remove your graphic card driver, so you might want to try that as well.
After your PC restarts, check if the problem appears again. If there are no errors, you can continue using the default driver, or you can try to update to a newer version.
We have to mention that this problem was reported by SiS Mirage 3 Graphics owners, but even if you own a different graphic card you can still try this solution.
In order to check out the element that is causing the trouble, we advise you to find out where the BSOD log file is located and see why your device crashed.
4. Download the latest drivers
You can update your drivers with great software that can scan your PC for out-of-date files right from the installation and provide you with an accurate report of all the elements that need new patches.
Thanks to this tool you won’t be missing any crucial updates because it comes with a Schedule Manager feature that offers notification whenever new patches are available.
Updating drivers manually can be time-consuming, that’s why we suggest you to automatically update your drivers using a dedicated tool.
5. Uninstall your antivirus/firewall
Firewall and antiviruses are important for your system safety, but sometimes these programs can interfere with Windows 10 and cause SYSTEM_SCAN_AT_RAISED_IRQL_CAUGHT_IMPROPER_DRIVER_UNLOAD error to appear.
According to users, Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series was causing this error to appear, and after removing this tool the BSoD error was fixed.
We have to mention that almost any antivirus or firewall program can cause this error, and in order to fix it you’ll have to remove all third-party antivirus programs from your PC.
Bear in mind that uninstalling your current antivirus program might not fix the issue, and you’ll have to use a dedicated removal tool to remove all files associated with your antivirus program.
To download the removal tool for your antivirus, simply visit your antivirus developer’s website and download it from the support section.
On the flip side, you can also go for an antivirus tool that doesn’t cause problems, so it doesn’t need removal either.
5. Run Chkdsk scan
- Press Windows Key + X and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
- When Command Prompt opens, enter:
chkdsk /r X:
- Press Enter and wait for the scan to finish.
Blue Screen of Death errors can sometimes occur due to corrupted files on your hard drive, and in order to find and fix those files, it’s recommended that you perform a chkdsk scan.
We have to mention that you’ll have to repeat this scan for all hard drive partitions in order to fix this error.
Bear in mind that you won’t be able to scan C partition while in Windows 10, and you’ll get a message saying that your computer needs to restart in order to scan the C drive.
- Restart your computer few times during the boot sequence to start Automatic Repair.
- Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt.
- Run the chkdsk scan.
6. Remove overclock settings and check your hardware
Many users tend to overclock their hardware in order to get better performance, but overclocking your hardware comes with certain risks.
If you’re not careful you can cause permanent damage to your PC by overclocking, or you can get a Blue Screen of Death error.
Several users reported that they managed to fix this error by setting their RAM settings to default.
Bear in mind that almost any overclocked component can cause this error, so be sure to remove all overclock settings.
If your PC isn’t overclocked, this error could be caused by faulty or recently installed hardware, so be sure to remove any new hardware since it might not be compatible with your PC.
If that doesn’t work, check your RAM, motherboard, hard drive, and all other major components. You can also give it a try using the best-dedicated software for fixing BSoD errors.
SYSTEM_SCAN_AT_RAISED_IRQL_CAUGHT_IMPROPER_DRIVER_UNLOAD error is usually caused by incompatible drivers or overclocks settings, but you can easily fix this error by using one of our solutions.
By following these steps you should be able to quickly and easily get rid of any driver unload errors that you may encounter while using your Windows 10 PC.
Let us know which one of the above-mentioned methods worked best for you by leaving us a message in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
A great solution for fixing this type of error is to use a system repair tool to restore your system. Check out solutions for fixing improper driver unload error.
One efficient idea is to run the BSOD troubleshooter. You may also need to try these other options to help you solve the SESSION4 INITIALIZATION FAILED error in Windows 10.
Disabling the overclocking settings is one method you can rely on. Explore other alternatives in this article on solving the ntoskrnl.exe BSoD errors.