- Seeing the error This page isn’t eligible to have a username can be confusing, but this guide will surely help.
- To fix this issue, simply create a new Facebook account, set it as an administrator for your page, and change the username.
- If you're interested in exploring this topic further, don't hesitate to visit our detailed Web & Cloud section.
- To ensure that you're always ready to deal with Facebook problems, bookmark our detailed Facebook Issues Hub.
Facebook allows page owners to create a custom URL for their business page. While the process itself is easy, at times the user may encounter the This page isn’t eligible to have a username error.
You are most likely to encounter one of these errors:
Username Isn’t Available
This Page isn’t eligible to have a username.
This error can occur due to several reasons including your Facebook page not meeting the minimum requirement of having 25-page likes, lack of administrative privileges as well as page verifications issues.
If you are also troubled by this error, here is a detailed step by step guide to help you resolve the This Page isn’t eligible to have a username error on Facebook.
How to fix this page isn’t eligible to have a username?
1. Use an alternate Facebook account
The simplest solution for this issue is to make your friend or your own alternate account as an admin of the page and then try to create a custom URL. Here’s how to do it.
- Open Facebook and log in with your main account.
- Go to Settings.
- Open Page Roles.
- In the text box under Assign a new Page role, enter the name or email of the person who wants to add as an admin.
- Select the profile from the list.
- Click on the Editor option and change it to Admin.
- Click Add.
- Now login with the account of the person who you made the admin.
- Click the arrow icon on the top-right corner and select the Manage Pages option.
- Select the page that you want to manage.
- Click on About.
- Select Create a page @username
- Enter the username that you want to assign to your page
- Click Create a username.
That’s it. Now you have successfully created a custom URL without the This Page isn’t eligible to have a username error on Facebook.
Why isn’t my Facebook page eligible to have a username?
According to Facebook the new page may not immediately be able to create a username. To be able to create a username the page must meet two requirements.
It must have at least 24-page likes and have at least one post. Once you have met the requirements, try to create a user name for your page. If the requirements are not met you will most likely see the This page isn’t eligible to have a username error.
The ‘this Page isn’t eligible to have a username‘ error can be resolved by assigning an alternate account as admin and then making the necessary changes.
While the exact reasons behind the error is still unknown, this workaround seems to have worked for many users with similar errors.
FAQs: Learn more about Facebook page username
- How do I fix this page isn’t eligible to have a username?
To fix this error, add an alternate account as the admin. Next, login using the alternate account and create a custom URL.
- How do I make my Facebook page eligible for a username?
To make your Facebook page eligible for a username, make sure the following criteria are met. The Facebook page must have at least 25-page likes and one public post.
- How many likes do I need on Facebook to get a username?
In order to get a Facebook username, you need to have 25 likes.