- When Facebook games are not loading in a browser, your browser version might be outdated or data saved in its cache could be generating issues.
- To ensure future peace of mind, we recommend that you change your browser to a more specific one.
- Clearing the browser data is one potential fix for Facebook games not working on Chrome and Firefox.
Facebook is one of the world’s foremost social media websites. One of the good things about Facebook is its collection of browser and web games to play without downloading, however, sometimes Facebook games are not working.
However, those games don’t always load as expected for some Firefox and Chrome users. Users can’t play FB games when they don’t load.
Luckily, there are ways to fix that, and today we’re going to show you how to do it.
Why won’t my Facebook games load?
There are several reasons for this issue, and in most cases, it’s the issue with one of your browser components, so you’ll need to enable them.
Why can’t I play games on Facebook anymore in 2022? Sometimes there are problems with the cache, and clearing it can help you fix the problem with Facebook games.
Moreover, here are some error variations that you may encounter, but fix with the solutions below:
- Facebook games not loading in Chrome
- Facebook games not working today
- PC Facebook games not working
- Messenger Facebook games not working
- Facebook game ads not working
- Facebook games not working on phone (Android, iOS)
In this guide we’re going to show you a couple of methods you can use if Facebook games not loading, so be sure to keep reading.
Why did Facebook stop having games?
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
To guarantee that developers have access to ongoing product support and a platform that satisfies the most stringent security requirements, Facebook must first ensure that these conditions are met and thus, stop having games.
What happened to the Facebook games?
As of the 28th of October, Facebook Gaming will no longer be accessible through the iOS and Android versions of the Facebook app; however, gaming elements will still be available through the main Facebook app.
How do I fix my games on Facebook if they’re not working?
- Why won't my Facebook games load?
- How do I fix my games on Facebook if they’re not working?
- 1. Try a gaming-focused browser
- Google Chrome
- 3. Clear your browser’s cache and cookies
- Google Chrome
- 4. Reset your browser
- Google Chrome
- 5. Open Chrome or Firefox in incognito mode
- 6. Update Chrome or Firefox
- Google Chrome
- 7. Update your Facebook app (mobile fix)
- How do you update Facebook games?
1. Try a gaming-focused browser
Facebook games might work fine in alternative web browsers. So, try playing the game with a different browser, such as Opera GX.
Opera GX is especially recommended because that’s an innovative Chromium browser with novel features and a huge repository of extensions.
Furthermore, Opera GX is an Opera One version that’s optimized for gaming because it incorporates a GX Control sidebar with which you can manage tabs, optimize RAM, and limit network bandwidth usage. Discord and Twitch are also integrated into Opera GX’s sidebar.
Opera GXExplore the ever-expanding universe of Facebook games by using the gaming-specific Opera GX browser today.
- Click the Customize and Control Google Chrome button at the far right of that browser’s URL toolbar.
- Select Settings to open that tab in Chrome.
- Next, click Site settings to open the options shown directly below.
- Toggle the Allowed option on if it’s off.
- Then restart Google Chrome.
Why can’t I play games on Facebook anymore 2022? If Facebook games are not working on Chrome, make sure that all the necessary components are working properly.
- Type about:config in Firefox’s URL bar, and press the Enter key.
- Click the Accept the Risk button to continue.
3. Clear your browser’s cache and cookies
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Delete keys at the same time within Google Chrome.
- Click the Time range drop-down menu, and select the All time option.
- Press the Clear data button.
- Press Firefox’s Ctrl + Shift + Del keyboard shortcut to open the Clear Recent History window.
- Select the Cookies and Cache checkboxes.
- Next, click Everything on the Time range to clear the drop-down menu.
- Press the OK button to erase Firefox’s cookie and cache data.
If King games are not loading on Facebook, removing your cache is a great way to fix the problem.
4. Reset your browser
- Click Customize and control Google Chrome and then Settings in Chrome.
- Click on Reset and cleanup.
- Then click Reset to factory defaults.
- Click the Open menu button on the right side of Firefox’s URL toolbar.
- Head to Help to open the submenu in the screenshot directly below.
- Click Troubleshooting Information to open that tab.
- Press the Refresh Firefox button.
5. Open Chrome or Firefox in incognito mode
You can utilize Google Chrome in incognito mode by pressing the Ctrl + Shift + N hotkey. To open Firefox’s incognito mode, press the Ctrl + Shift + P hotkey for that browser.
If the Facebook games work in incognito mode, an extension might be generating the issue in standard browsing mode.
Resetting Firefox and Google Chrome, as outlined for resolution four, will disable all browser extensions. Or you can disable extensions manually via those browsers’ add-on tabs.
This is a quick workaround, but it can help you if Facebook Gameroom is not working on your PC.
6. Update Chrome or Firefox
- Click the Customize Google Chrome browser button.
- Select Help and then About Google Chrome to open the tab in the screenshot directly below.
- Click Relaunch if Google Chrome installs a new update.
- Click the Open menu button to open Firefox’s menu.
- Select the Help and then go to About Firefox options.
- Press the Restart to update Firefox button.
Alter clearing the cache, check if the problem is gone.
7. Update your Facebook app (mobile fix)
Why can’t I play games on Facebook anymore 2022? If Facebook games are not working on phone, try updating your FB Android or iOS app.
How do you update Facebook games?
Facebook games are updated solely by Facebook, so you don’t need to do anything in that regard. In most cases, Facebook will do that automatically.
If a particular game is out of date, you might have to wait for a bit longer when you start it in order to install the updates, but no other actions are required.
So, that’s how you can fix Facebook games when they don’t load. This isn’t the only issue that users reported, and we already covered what to do if Facebook videos are not playing in your browser.
Although not necessarily guaranteed, the above resolutions will usually fix Facebook games not loading. If further potential resolutions are needed, you can send an FB support email to [email protected].
Did you find a different solution for this problem? If so, let us know in the comments section below.