It doesn’t fall under one particular category since it has 3 distinct game modes that players can try in order to spice up their gameplay experience:
- Fortnite: Save the World – A zombie survival mode
- Fortnite Battle Royale – A battle royale game that can house 100 players at a time
- Fortnite Creative – A Minecraft-like game mode where players can create their own maps and battle arenas
The game is completely free to download and play, although a lot of content is hidden behind a paywall. Fortunately enough, it is only cosmetic items, so the game doesn’t fall under the Pay-2-Win label.
Common issues and questions regarding Fortnite
- Fortnite upload packet loss: What is it and how to fix it?
- How do I download Fortnite on Windows 10?
- Why can’t I join my friends on Fortnite?
- Does a VPN work on Fortnite?