- Tumblr is a not-so-popular social networking platform that had no restrictions on explicit content. The Safe Mode was introduced to filter them out.
- Tumblr's Safe Mode is enabled by default, but you can turn it off either from the website or smartphone app.
- If you found this guide helpful for disabling Safe Mode in your Tumblr, you may like to check out other software and hardware guides.
- Visit our Site-owner section to read even more articles on tools and applications.
Tumblr’s Safe Mode protects users from seeing unexpected NSFW (not safe for work) and inappropriate content. 18+ – rated content was all over Tumblr prior to this. However, Safe Mode lets users filter out such content, and this brought about a new problem – how to turn Tumblr safe mode off.
If you come across a blocked post on Tumblr, you’ll see a green text indicating that Safe mode is on. You can only access the content when you tap the View Post button.
Bear in mind that Safe Mode in Tumblr is not the same as the Safe Mode in Windows, as they serve different functions. In this guide, I’ll teach you how to disable Tumblr’s Safe Mode of various platforms.
How can I turn off the Tumblr safe mode option?
1. Turn Tumblr safe mode off on desktop
- Open your web browser.
- Visit the Tumblr website.
- Click on the Log in button.
- Type in your email address and hit Next.
- Select Use password to log in.
- On your Dashboard, open Settings.
- Go to the Filtering settings
- Toggle the Safe Mode switch off.
If you can’t view Tumblr images on your web browser, learn how to fix the issue.
2. Turn Tumblr safe mode off on Android
- Open the Tumblr app.
- Tap on the Account placeholder icon.
- Tap on the Gear icon at the top right of the screen.
- Navigate to General Settings and select Filtering.
- Tap the Safe Mode switch to toggle it off.
3. Turn Tumblr safe mode off on iOS
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Scroll down the options and select Tumblr.
- Under Tumbler Settings, tap on Safe Mode.
- Select the Don’t hide anything option.
Tumblr safe mode bypass without an account
Apart from using the methods above, a few third-party websites also let you turn Tumblr safe mode off without logging in to your account. Even if the content is flagged NSFW, you will access it on these sites.
After turning Tumblr Safe Mode off, you may also have to repeat the process for other logged-in devices. This is why we have shown you how to bypass Safe Mode on desktop and mobile.
We hope this guide has helped you resolve this pesky issue once and for all. To share your experience with us, don’t hesitate to use the comment section below.