Are you using a mouse for your Windows 8 operating system laptop? Well you will see that if you are using a mouse and you also have your touchpad active it can get pretty difficult when you are trying to work on the laptop and suddenly the mouse cursor jumps all over the screen. I will show you a quick method on how to turn off the touchpad on your Windows 8 laptop and get rid of this inconvenience once and for all.
A lot of Windows 8 users while working on their laptops are accidentally touching the laptops touchpad thus making the mouse cursor move. By following the tutorial below you can learn how to turn off the touchpad and also from where you can activate it again if you ever want to switch from the classical mouse to the touchpad again in Windows 8.
Tutorials for turning off touchpad in Windows 8
- Usually and on most if the cases on the laptops keyboard you should have a “Fn” button and a “Touchpad” button situated in the upper side of the keyboard.
- Press and hold on the “Fn” button and the”Touchpad” button in order to turn off the touchpad or turn it back on.
- You can download an app for turning off your laptops touchpad by accessing the link below:
Download here program for disabling touchpad
- After the downloading is finished go in the location where you placed this program and double click (left click) on the executable file present there.
- After the installation is complete an icon will appear in your system tray. This program will disable your touchpad but only when it detects typing on the keyboard.
- You can find on your Windows 8 start screen a “Control Panel” icon; left click on the icon to open it.
- Now you will have to left click on the “More settings” feature to open it. You can find this on the left of the screen after you clicked on “Control Panel”.
- A window with “Control Panel” will open. In that window double click (left click) on the “Mouse settings” feature.
- After you get in the “Mouse settings” window left click on the “Change mouse settings” feature presented there.
- A “Mouse Properties” window will show.
- You will have to left click in the upper side of the window on the “Buttons” tab.
- Now next to “Left button” you need to choose the option “None” from the dropdown menu.
- Next to “Right button” you need to choose the option “None” from the dropdown menu.
- Left click on the “OK” button in the lower side of the screen.
- You should now have the touchpad buttons disabled and properly use your mouse.
A forth option would be to try to uninstall the touchpad driver from your “Device Manager” but be sure to have it saved somewhere in case you ever want to activate the laptops touchpad again.
You have above four quick methods to turn off the laptops touchpad in a Windows 8 operating system environment. For any questions on these methods don’t hesitate to write us below in the comment section of the page.