Twitch error while loading followed channels [EXPERT FIX]
If you’ve tried logging into Twitch and even though you managed to sign in, you couldn’t see the content of any channel that you’re following, you came to the right place.
This error is pretty common among users of Twitch, and once it has been reported enough, the developers at Twitch Interactive intervened and solved the issue. Their reports suggest that the error was caused by a server-side issue.
Even though this issue was fixed, because of its random nature, it is recommended that you follow this guide if the error pops up again. These are a few troubleshooting steps that helped other users in the past.
How can I fix Twitch error while loading followed channels? The first thing that you should do is to start Twitch as an administrator and check for available updates. If the application is up to date, you might want to try reinstalling Twitch.
How to fix Twitch error while loading followed channels?
1. Run Twitch as administrator
If you’re getting an error while trying to view followed channels, you might want to try running the application as an administrator:
2. Check for updates for Twitch application
Sometimes you can get an error while loading followed channels on Twitch simply because your app is out of date. To fix that, do the following:
3. Reinstall application
In some instances, error while loading followed channels can appear if your installation is corrupted. To fix that, do the following:
- Press Windows + X keys on your keyboard, and select Apps and Features.
- Inside the Apps and features window, scroll through the list until you find Twitch, select it, and click Uninstall.
- This will start the process of uninstalling Twitch.
- While the process is completing, you can visit the official Twitch website to download the latest version.
- Please make sure to finish the uninstall process before starting the installer you just downloaded.
You can also remove Twitch completely from your PC by using uninstaller software such as Revo Uninstaller.
- Get Revo Uninstaller Pro version
By using uninstaller software, you’ll ensure that all files and registry entries related to Twitch are completely removed from your PC. By doing so, you’ll prevent future issues from appearing once you reinstall the application.
In this article we explored some of the best troubleshooting options to try when Twitch won’t load the followed channels. Please feel free to let us know in the comment section below if this guide helped you solve your issue.
- FIX: Twitch is giving me a black screen in Chrome
- How to fix Twitch buffering issues
- Twixel is a Cool Twitch Client App for Windows 8 to Check Out
IPad owners where left frustrated after Skype dropped support for earlier versions of iOS. When trying to install Skype on their iPads, an error message […]
Many Windows 10 users reported not being able to run WebGL supported websites. Error message WebGL is not supported pops up disallowing 2D and 3D […]
Keychain is an Apple-developed password system for MacOS. Apparently, there is an issue with the keychain that users encounter when trying to access OneDrive. The […]