- Wondering what you should do about the Twitch error while loading followed channels?
- The first method which could possibly fix the problems involves running Twitch as an administrator. Similar solutions are found below.
- Find the working solutions for the most encountered issues by visiting this Twitch Errors section too.
- You can also bookmark this Web Apps Troubleshooting Hub. That’s your chance to make sure no problems are about to stay for too long.
If you’ve tried logging into Twitch and even though you managed to sign in, you couldn’t see the content of any channel that you’re following, you came to the right place.
This error is pretty common among users of Twitch, and once it has been reported enough, the developers at Twitch Interactive intervened and solved the issue.
Their reports suggest that the error was caused by a server-side issue. Even though this issue was fixed, because of its random nature, it is recommended that you follow this guide if the error pops up again.
These are a few troubleshooting steps that helped other users in the past.
How can I fix Twitch error while loading followed channels?
1. Run Twitch as administrator
If you’re getting an error while trying to view followed channels, you might want to try running the application as an administrator.
Are things any better? If not, move on to the next solution.
2. Reinstall Twitch application
- Press Windows + X keyboard shortcut and select Apps and Features.
- Inside the Apps and features window, scroll through the list until you find Twitch, select it, and click Uninstall.
- This will start the process of uninstalling Twitch.
- While the process is completing, you can visit the official Twitch website to download the latest version.
- Please make sure to finish the uninstall process before starting the installer you just downloaded.
In some instances, error while loading followed channels can appear if your installation is corrupted. To fix that, do as described above.
You can also remove Twitch completely from your PC by using a quick uninstaller software tool such as Revo Uninstaller.
All it takes is a free download of this utility and you’ll ensure that all files and registry entries related to Twitch are completely removed from your PC.
Therefore, you’ll prevent future issues from appearing once you reinstall the application.
If you need to reinstall Twitch, no leftovers are allowed. Revo Uninstaller can easily take care of that for you.
3. Check for app updates
- Open up the Twitch application.
- Click on the three lines Settings button.
- Go to Help > Check for updates.
Sometimes you can get an error while loading followed channels on Twitch simply because your app is out of date. To fix that, do as described above.
In this article, we explored some of the best troubleshooting options to try when Twitch won’t load the followed channels.
Please feel free to let us know in the comments section below if this guide helped you solve your issue.