The Videos On Demand Twitch feature allows users who missed a live stream to watch it later. Also, it keeps a timestamp of your previous view of the video so you can get back to where you left off. This is, by all means, a necessary feature but it lately started bothering some users. Namely, they report that Twitch is not remembering where they left off.
Here’s what one user said on the Twitch subreddit:
Twitch no longer remembers how far into a VOD I was when I stop watching. Like on youtube videos, if you stop watching and then come back, youtube will remember the place you left off. Twitch used to do the same with VODs, but in the past week it seems to no longer do that, and I have to navigate to where I think I left off. Anyone else having this issue?
Learn how to fix this with the steps we listed below.
Why VODs are not remembering where I left off?
1. Clear browser’s cache
Chrome and Mozilla
- Press Shift + Ctrl + Delete to open the “Clear browsing data” menu.
- Choose “All time” as the time range.
- Focus on deleting ‘Cookies’, ‘Cached Images and Files‘, and other site data.
- Finally, click on the Clear Data button.
- Open Edge.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Delete.
- Check all the boxes and click Clear.
2. Disable browser extensions
- Click on the 3-dot menu (hamburger menu in Firefox) and select More tools > Extensions.
- It’s not necessary to disable all extensions, but ad-blockers and proxy extensions should be disabled.
- Restart the browser and navigate to Twitch.tv again.
3. Disable Hardware acceleration
- Open Settings in your browser. In the search bar, look for Hardware acceleration.
- Disable the Use hardware acceleration when available and restart your browser.
- Look for improvements with Twitch VODs.
4. Log out temporarily
- Open Twitch.tv on your browser.
- Click on your profile avatar in the top right corner and log out.
- Try accessing Twitch VODs while not signed-in as seemingly Twitch remembers where you left off that way.
5. Switch browser
Alternatively, you can try and switch the browser. Our top pick is UR Browser that’s, by far, the most private and secure browser while not sacrificing your usual Chrome/Mozilla usability. Check it out below and see for yourself.
That’s it. Hopefully, these steps were helpful and Twitch now remembers where you left off. If you are still bothered by the error, make sure to send the ticket to Twitch Support, here.
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT: