Fix Unable to join call Twitch error [QUICK GUIDE]
Twitch is one of the most used live streaming video platforms, however, many users reported Unable to join call Twitch error. The developers at Twitch Interactive managed to solve the issue after people have continued to report it, but in this article we will explore a few steps you can take to make sure the issues are not local, in the case this error occurs again.
How can I fix Unable to join call Twitch error? Firstly, go to the Twitch settings and enable Software Rendering option. If that doesn’t help, make sure that your antivirus or firewall isn’t blocking Twitch. Lastly, try running Twitch with administrative privileges.
Here’s how to fix Unable to join call error in Twitch
- Toggle software rendering option
- Run Twitch with administrator privileges
- Verify that your Windows 10 firewall or the antivirus software is not blocking Twitch
1. Toggle software rendering option
One way to fix Unable to join call error in Twitch is to enable software rendering. You can do that by doing the following:
- Open Twitch > click the three lines > select File > Settings.
- Inside the Settings menu, choose the General tab and toggle the Software Rendering option.
2. Run Twitch with administrator privileges
Sometimes running Twitch with administrative privileges can fix Unable to join call error. To do that, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your desktop, and find the Twitch executable.
- Right-click on it, and select Run as administrator.
3. Verify that your Windows 10 firewall or the antivirus software is not blocking Twitch
Your antivirus or firewall can sometimes block Twitch thus leading to Unable to join call error. To fix the issue, do the following:
- Click on Cortana search box > type in firewall > choose the first option from the top of the search results.
- Inside the Windows Defender Firewall check to see if there are any rules set up for Twitch in both the Inbound and Outbound tabs by scrolling through the list to the right.
- In the case you find Twitch in those lists, make sure to set all Inbound rules to allow connections.
Note: If you can’t find Twitch in those lists, then you can close the Windows Defender Firewall window and follow the next step.
For Antivirus software:
Depending on which software you use to protect your computer from viruses, you will need to check if it is blocking any connections for Twitch. Toggle all settings to Allow to resolve the issue. Alternatively, you can disable to fix this issue.
If the problem is related to your antivirus, perhaps you should consider switching to a different antivirus solution. Bitdefender offers great protection and it won’t interfere with your system in any way, so be sure to try it out.
There you go, these are several quick solutions that might help you fix Unable to join call error in Steam. Feel free to try them all and let us know in the comments section if these solutions worked for you.
- What to do if Twitch chat isn’t loading
- How to fix Twitch buffering issues
- SOLVED: Twitch won’t let me sign up
A read-only document can’t be edited, but what if all your documents are set to read-only? This can be a problem that we’re going to […]
Browsing the internet is one of the favorite activity of people across the globe. The thing is, things get tougher when you have limited RAM […]
It is quite usual for printer drivers to become corrupted though strangely enough, there are no specific reasons for that happening. If that is not […]