Uplay chat not working? Try these simple solutions
If you’re a gamer, than you know how fun is to play your favourite titles with your friends.
Playing solo campaigns or first-person shooters by yourself is ok, but when you add a couple of friends and talk to them in-game, it’s all about having fun.
But if you’re having problems communicating with them, your gaming session can be ruined.
That’s exactly what happened with a lot of Uplay users. Many of them reported that the chat in Uplay doesn’t work:
Same problem here,all can chat with their buddies but I cant.I hope Ubisoft fix this problem!
Usually, the chat returns the following message: We are unable to deliver that message. Try again.
Furthermore, others said that all their conversations and and discussion groups have disappeared on the Uplay Overlay.
This is a pretty annoying issue and is most likely related to the connection. Fortunately, there are some solutions to fix it.
How can I solve chat problems in Uplay?
1. Make sure Uplay doesn’t start in Offline Mode
- Open Uplay.
- In the top-left corner click on the menu icon.
- Click on Settings.
- Now select the Network tab.
- Under the Network tab, make sure that Always Start Uplay in Offline Mode is unchecked.
2. Change proxy settings
- In your Windows search box type proxy and click on the first result.
- In the Proxy settings window that appears, check if you have a manual proxy set up.
- If so, under Manual proxy setup, uncheck Use a proxy server.
- On the top of the window, under Automatic proxy setup, check Automatically detect settings.
Proxy server issues are pretty annoying. Make them a thing of the past with the help of this guide.
Sometimes, the proxy can’t be disabled no matter what you do. We’ve prepared a simple guide just for such an occasion.
3. Disable your antivirus and VPN
If you are using an antivirus solution or a VPN, make sure to disable them.
Sometimes, antiviruses or the Windows Firewall can interfere with your internet connection or your apps and block certain features.
To make sure that’s not the case, disable your antivirus and check if the chat in Uplay is working. In certain cases, you might have to uninstall your antivirus.
For the Norton users, we’ve got a dedicated guide on how to completely remove it from your PC. There’s a similar guide for McAffe users, as well.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
If you’re using any antivirus solution and you want to completely remove it from your PC, be sure to check out this amazing list with the best uninstaller software you can use right now.
If uninstalling the antivirus worked and the Uplay chat doesn’t have issues anymore, you can install another antivirus solution.
Looking to change your antivirus with a better one? Here’s a list with our top picks.
4. Forward ports
If you can’t stop your firewall, you’ll need to configure it to follow some network ports.
The Uplay Launcher ports are: TCP: 80, 443, 13000, 13005, 13200, 14000, 14001, 14008.
After that, your Chat should be working properly.
If you need more info on how to open firewall ports in Windows 10, we’ve prepared this useful guide to help you do it with ease.
5. Flush the DNS cache
- In your Windows search box type cmd, right click on the first result, and select Run as administrator.
- A Command Prompt (Admin) window should appear.
- Now type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
- After the process finishes, you should get the Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache message.
If you’re having trouble accessing Command Prompt as an admin, then you better take a closer look at this guide.
Can’t flush the DNS Resolver Cache? Count on us to solve the problem.
6. Reinstall Uplay
- Completely close Uplay.
- Optionally, before uninstalling the client you can backup your save files.
- Uninstall the current Uplay client from your Windows 10 PC. Usually, you can find the uninstaller in C:Program Files (x86)UbisoftUbisoft Game Launcher. Also remember to delete the cache folder from the same location after the process is completed.
- When you uninstall Uplay, you’ll get the option to uninstall your games. Check the box to uninstall them or leave it unchecked if you want to keep your games.
- Download the latest version of Uplay from Ubisoft’s official site.
- After you download the installer, run it with Administrator rights.
- Follow the on-screen steps to finish the process.
If you want to make sure that you completely remove an app from your Windows 10 PC, follow this guide with the best uninstaller software available.
After following these solutions, you should be able to chat again with your friends without any issues.
If you have any other suggestions or questions, leave them in the comments section below.
- Controller not detected in Uplay? Here’s what you can do
- Move Uplay games to another drive/computer in two easy steps
- Uplay not compatible with operating system error on PC