Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- ChatGPT requires users to submit their phone numbers for verification.
- Using a private number for ChatGPT comes with certain risks.
ChatGPT is great, but many don’t want to give away their personal information and are wondering how to use ChatGPT without a phone number.
This is rather simple to do, and this guide will show you the best ways to do that, so keep on reading.
Can I use ChatGPT without giving a phone number?
- Go to the official Open AI website or chat.openai.com.
- Click on the Get started button to prompt the Sign-Up page.
- Sign up with your email and any number you generated earlier, then enter your details as required.
- If you receive an OTP, enter it and choose your account type.
- Scroll down to Generation under the Text Completion tab, then click Playground.
- Click on Try it out when you see a message that says Looking for ChatGPT? to open a new tab with the chatbox.
- Start typing searches, texts, or your desired content, then press the Submit button.
That’s it! Now you’re using ChatGPT without revealing your phone number. Further, we have a detailed article about the best ChatGPT alternatives that compete with the original app for users.
A private number hides the user’s identity and doesn’t require any personal information to acquire. Using such numbers to register your ChatGPT account lets you keep your personal information from the platform.
Furthermore, most users are unsure of the platform’s safety because it’s still in the research and feedback-collection phase. Hence, using a private number can be a good idea as it assures you of your safety while using the platform.
Also, if you were wondering, can fraudsters use my phone number? The answer is yes, which happens in case of a data leak due to a hacking attempt.
Read about the best automated chat software for business owners and other customers.
Using a private number when registering for a ChatGPT account can be beneficial, but it can’t be disputed that it also comes with some potential risks. Some are:
- If the private number you registered with gets exposed or hacked, it can cause your ChatGPT account to be compromised and accessed by the intruder.
- It can be impossible to recover your ChatGPT account because the private number may be retracted or disabled. Hence, proving your identity and claiming the account will be difficult.
- Using a private number can make it difficult for ChatGPT to confirm who owns the account.
- During a security sweep or check, your account can get suspended if the app picks it up as a suspicious account.
You may also be interested in our guide on bypassing the ChatGPT not available in your country error when registering for the service. Also, our readers can check how to fix ChatGPT’s too many redirects on their PCs.
In conclusion, we have covered the basics concerning using ChatGPT without giving a phone number. For those trying to discover whether ChatGPT needs a phone number, the answer will be Yes, and there’s no way to bypass it.
Normally, it should not be possible. However, if you have other suggestions concerning our guide, kindly drop them in the comments section.