- Torrent clients are one of the most popular applications for file sharing, but did you know that some torrent clients can work in your browser?
- uTorrent is now available in the web browser, and in today’s article, we’ll show you how to use it.
- Want to learn more about torrent clients? Be sure to visit our uTorrent section for more information.
- We covered browsers extensively in the past. If you like the idea of discovering more guides, just head over to our Browsers Hub.
uTorrent is one of the most popular torrent clients in the world, but did you know that you can use uTorrent in your web browser?
That’s right, and in today’s article, we’ll show you how to use uTorrent properly from your web browser.
How do I use uTorrent in the browser?
1. What is uTorrent Web?
uTorrent Web is a special torrent client that works in your web browser. Unlike a regular client, this one will allow you to stream content as you download it.
This is great since you won’t have to wait in order to enjoy multimedia content. Although uTorrent Web should work with any web browser, for best performance, we recommend using Opera.
Being lightweight, it’s perfect for any resource-intensive tasks such as streaming. Speaking of steaming, it has a pop-out video player, so you can watch videos while working on other tasks.
Regarding your privacy, Opera has a built-in VPN. Do note that it is completely free, and it offers unlimited bandwidth.
Ad blocker is also available, so you won’t have to deal with ads anymore. Tracking protection is also there, and it will block tracking scripts and speed up webpage loading.
As for availability, Opera is available on all desktop and mobile platforms, and with its low resource usage and focus on privacy, it’s a perfect browser for using uTorrent Web.
OperaEager to start using uTorrent? It fully integrates with Opera, so don’t hesitate to download this browser!
2. How to use uTorrent Web?
- Visit the uTorrent website.
- Click on the Free Download button.
- Once the setup file is downloaded, run it, and install the application.
- Now start the uTorrent Web.
- Search for the torrent.
- Once you find it, it should be handled automatically by the uTorrent web.
Using uTorrent in your browser is incredibly simple, and you just need to install the required plugin. What is your torrent client of choice? Let us know in the comments below.
FAQ: Learn more about uTorrent
- How do I open uTorrent in Chrome?
To open uTorrent in Chrome, you need to download and use the uTorrent Web or set uTorrent as your default torrent application.
- Is uTorrent safe?
uTorrent is considered safe, but that can change depending on the content that you download.
- Is uTorrent App illegal?
uTorrent application is completely legal to use, but some content that you can download with it might not be legal.
- Can uTorrent give you viruses?
uTorrent doesn’t contain any viruses or malware. However, content that you download with uTorrent can contain malware.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in June 2020 and has been since revamped and updated in August 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.