Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- The Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is a software package developed by Microsoft to build apps.
- The package includes the Microsoft C Runtime libraries, and is installed as part of the operating system or as an optional update.
The VC Runtime Minimum X86.msi is a program that runs applications that use Visual C++ libraries. It is an installer for the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package. Users have been successful in downloading the X64 version so today we are going to look at the X86 version.
It installs the runtime components of C++ that are required to run applications built with Visual Studio 2010 and later releases of Visual Studio on a computer that does not have Visual Studio 2010 or later installed.
Why is VC Runtime Minimum X86.Msi missing?
There are a number of reasons why VC Runtime Minimum X86.msi would not be installing on your machine and hence leading to the VC Runtime Minimum X86.msi error. Below are some reasons:
- Multiple versions of the Visual C++ Redistributable are installed – You must uninstall the other versions of the Visual C++ Redistributable before you install this one.
- You have an older version of Visual Studio installed – The older version may not be compatible with the newer version. For example, if you have Visual Studio 2015 installed, you need to uninstall all earlier versions first before attempting to install VC Runtime Minimum X86.msi again.
- Outdated OS – If you have an older version of Windows, Microsoft may have stopped supporting it after making changes in these newer versions.
- Unsupported service pack – Microsoft discontinues some service packs from time to time. Always check to ensure you are downloading the correct version.
- Incompatible hardware – You may be running a 32-bit version of Windows even though your computer has 64-bit hardware and software support; this causes problems because of the configurations.
How can I download the VC Runtime X86.Msi?
- First off, uninstall any copy of the file from your PC.
- Press the Windows key, type Control Panel in the search bar and click Open.
- Select Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Locate and select the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package, and click on Uninstall at the top.
- Click Yes on the UAC (User Account Control) prompt that pops up.
- Again, click Uninstall in the window that appears. Similarly uninstall any other similar packages as well.
- Navigate to your browser and locate the VC runtime minimum x86.msi package to download.
- After the download process is complete, double-click on the file to launch the setup.
- Next, tick the checkbox for I agree to the license terms and conditions and click on Install at the bottom.
How do I repair Microsoft VC ++ runtime libraries?
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library is a collection of runtime components that are required by applications built with Visual C++ tools.
If you have installed Microsoft Visual Studio recently and you are getting a VC runtime minimum X86.msi error, then there are chances that you might have missed installing some of these required components during the installation process.
The most common cause of this problem is when you have installed the wrong version of VC++ runtime libraries. You may have installed the 32-bit version on a 64-bit computer or vice versa. The solution is to uninstall the incorrect version and then install the correct one.
Elsewhere, users also complained of the runtime error in Windows 11. If you have been affected, don’t forget to check out our expert article on how to address this issue.
If you are on an earlier version of Windows, don’t worry. We also have a dedicated guide when you experience the visual c runtime error in Windows 10.
Do let us know if you have been successful in the VC runtime minimum x86.msi download in the comment section below.