- Vivaldi not syncing will make it impossible to access your browser information on your other devices.
- The information you send to Vivaldi’s server will go through the end-to-end encryption process and can only be accessed with a passcode for security reasons.
- Syncing Vivaldi manually doesn’t sync your browser extensions.
Vivaldi is a browser with a lot of unique features and performance. It works on the web browser project known as Chromium. Often, users complain about Vivaldi not syncing with their devices. However, like every other browser, Vivaldi is a work in progress with its downside.
Unlike some other browsers, Vivaldi has professional and powerful features to help you get the best experience. For example, a feature in this browser is the Sync feature. It synchronizes website bookmarks, stored website passwords, autofill information, extension, etc.
Does Vivaldi sync across devices?
One of the pros of Vivaldi is the Sync feature. It allows you to synchronize your Vivaldi account information and data across your devices. For example, Vivaldi syncs bookmarks for you to be able to access them on another computer with your account. Also, Vivaldi syncs tabs, passwords, and notes across your devices.
Is Vivaldi sync safe?
A reliable part of Vivaldi sync is its safety. It uses the end-to-end encryption system to secure the information you send Vivaldi servers for syncing.
Hence, this allows the user to set a passcode for the encryption, and this code won’t be on the Vivaldi server. So any information you send to the Vivaldi server can be on other computers only by the user.
How do I manually sync Vivaldi?
- Launch the Vivaldi browser app on your current computer.
- Click the search bar, type the address vivaldi://about, and press Enter to open Vivaldi’s list of information and profile paths.
- Copy the profile
- Exit Vivaldi on your computer.
- Go to Files on your computer and paste the profile directory you copied.
- Insert a USB flash drive into your computer and copy the file.
- On the computer you want to sync Vivaldi with, repeat steps 1-4.
- Paste it into the Vivaldi folder.
- Restart your computer for it to sync.
How do I update my Vivaldi browser?
- Launch Vivaldi and click the menu button in the top left corner of the screen.
- Click Help from the drop-down and select Check for updates.
- On the next page, you’ll see if Vivaldi updates are available. Go to the right side button of the screen and click the Install update.
- After the download is complete, click Close Vivaldi and install now.
Once the installation is complete, close the browser and relaunch it to initiate the update.
You must upgrade Vivaldi to use the sync feature. This is because older versions can’t sync devices. So, the new patches are to install new features and fix the bugs in the previous versions.
Users also complain about Vivaldi not loading; go to our page for easy ways to fix it. There are many other issues that you may encounter with the Vivaldi browser, so take a closer look at our guide for several solutions.