Fix Vivaldi update failed error with these 4 simple solutions
Were you trying to update the Vivaldi internet browser and you got the error Vivaldi update failed? If so, you came to the right place.
In this article, we will explore some of the best methods to solve this issue with Vivaldi and make it running as smooth as it once used to.
What to do if Vivaldi fails to update? To fix this problem, be sure to remove any leftover Vivaldi files from your PC. Alternatively, you can try removing all temporary files from your PC. If that doesn’t help, your last option would be to modify your registry.
How can I fix Vivaldi update failed error?
- Check for remaining Vivaldi files on your hard-drive
- Wipe temporary folders from Windows
- Check Windows registry for broken files
- Remove Vivaldi Update Notifier from registry
- Switch to a different browser
1. Check for remaining Vivaldi files on your hard-drive
Sometimes leftover files can cause Vivaldi update failed error to occur. To fix it, follow these steps:
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Click on This PC from the folder tree.
- Type vivaldi.exe inside the search bar.
- Delete any files found by the search.
2. Wipe temporary folders from Windows
Note: Windows stores temporary files in two folders on your PC. The first one is a system folder and it is used by Windows to store temporary files. The second Temp folder is used to store data by the applications you use on your PC. Here’s how to clean up both of them :
- Press Windows Key + R keys on your keyboard.
- In the pop-up that appears, write TEMP, and press Enter.
- This will open up the first temp folder. Simply delete all the files found there.
- In the Run window, type in %TEMP% and press Enter.
- A window will open with your temporary files. Delete all of them.
- Try updating Vivaldi once again.
3. Check Windows registry for broken files
- Press the Windows Key + R key
- Type in regedit and press Enter.
- Choose Yes if a window pops up asking if you want to perform changes (you will need administrator privileges).
- This will open up the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to the following key HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion> Uninstall.
- Delete the Vivaldi folder found there.
- Restart your PC, and then try updating Vivaldi again.
4. Remove Vivaldi Update Notifier from registry
Sometimes certain registry values can cause Vivaldi update failed. However, we can fix that by doing the following:
- Open Registry Editor.
- By using the navigation tree to your right, navigate to: Computer > HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft >Windows > CurrentVersion > Run.
- If you can see Vivaldi Update Notifier in the list to your left, delete it, and restart your PC.
5. Switch to a different browser
If you still can’t update Vivaldi and enjoy the optimized version of the browser, you should also consider switching to a different browser.
Since you’re using Vivaldi, we assume that privacy is a matter of great importance to you. As a result, we recommend installing a privacy-focused browser such as UR Browser.
Just like Vivaldi, UR Browser lets you fully customize the user interface so as to bring forth the information that matters to you.
In this article, we explored a few very useful methods that have been proved to solve the Vivaldi update failed error. Please make sure to follow the steps presented in this guide closely for the best results.
Also, feel free to let us know how these methods worked for you, and if you have any suggestions, use the comment section found below.
- 6 of the best VPNs for Vivaldi for extra browsing privacy and security
- Is Vivaldi’s browser running slowly for you? Here’s how you can speed it up
- Vivaldi browser for Windows 10 brings back the old Opera
Last week, Microsoft announced that the Super Duper Graphics Pack will not come to Minecraft due to performance issues. Minecraft to get Ray Tracing on […]
Microsoft has released a new build for Office Insiders. After adding the Search and enjoy feature and a couple of other significant changes lately, now […]
Microsoft is working hard on their Windows 10 20H1 update that is expected to be released in the spring of next year. Paint and WordPad […]