Many users complain about the performance of their PCs and constantly look for tools to optimize them. A good recommendation is VMware OS Optimization Tool, which is free for Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Windows Server 2008 (including R2) and Windows Server 2012 (including R2).
The VMware OS Optimization Tool may not have the simplest user interface for beginners, but it’s one of the best Windows optimization software out there. If you want to install this program on your device, follow these steps:
- Head to VMware, select your location and download the latest trial version of this software. After that, extract the zip file and open the VMwareOSOptimization Tool folder. Find the executable and click on it to launch the tool.
- During the installation process, the tool will automatically detect the current version of Windows and will select the best built-in optimization template to display.
- The template will suggest you verity the list of optimizations which number in the hundreds. It’s important to read each optimization carefully before selecting or deselecting it.
- Finally, click “Optimize” button and start optimizing your Windows operating system.
If you’re a novice user, VMware’s OS Optimization Tool is too advanced for you and you should not use it if you don’t know what you’re doing. When you launch the OS Optimization Tool, you will see five tabs for Analyze, which analyzes all services, scheduled tasks and registry entries, History, which tracks optimization history and the possibility to restore Windows to a pre-optimized state, Remote Analysis, My Templates, Public Templates and References.
The built-in optimization templates can be found under Templates tab. If you don’t like any of them, you can also create your own template. If you choose the default optimization template for Windows 10, it will disable many features and remove default apps, disable scheduled tasks and most importantly, improve login times.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Free Windows Server Licenses when migrating from VMware
- VMware Workstation 12 Pro, Player 12 And Fusion 8 Now Support Windows 10
- VMmare now supports Windows 10 Anniversary Update, Windows Server 2016