20% of VPNs are leaking your IP address. Want something better?
Privacy is a big issue in today’s world. Every time you connect to the Internet a plethora of trackers activate and watch your every move.
Many users installed various software solutions that block third-party from following your online activities. VPN tools are probably the most popular privacy solution but did you know that 20% of VPNs are actually leaking your IP address?
Some VPNs fail to protect your privacy
Security researcher Paolo Stagno recently analyzed 77 VPN providers and found that 16 of them fail to mask your location.
23% of the tested VPNs and Proxies services disclosed the real IP address of the visitors making the users traceable.
Stagno also revelead the list of the 16 VPN tools that fail to protect user privacy, which includes:
- BolehVPN (USA Only)
- ChillGlobal (Chrome and Firefox Plugin)
- Glype (Depends on the configuration)
- Hola!VPN Chrome Extension
- HTTP PROXY navigation in browser that support Web RTC
- IBVPN Browser Addon
- PHP Proxy
- psiphon3 (not leaking if using L2TP/IP)
- SOCKS Proxy on browsers with Web RTC enabled
- SumRando Web Proxy
- TOR as PROXY on browsers with Web RTC enabled
- Windscribe Addons
If your VPN is not on this list but you feel it might somehow leak your IP address, go to this page and check if the tool detects your IP and hostname. If this is the case, install a better VPN software.
In case you want to be secure while surfing the internet, you will need to get a full-dedicated tool to secure your network. Install now Cyberghost VPN and secure yourself. It protects your PC from attacks while browsing, masks your IP address and blocks all unwanted access.
For more information on how to keep your private data private, check out the guides listed below:
- 16 best open source privacy software to protect personal information
- 4 best privacy breach detection software to keep your data safe in 2018
- Your ISP can sell your browsing history: Here’s how to protect your privacy
The September 10 Patch Tuesday for Windows 10 version 1903 has arrived. Many users were thrilled about KB4515384, hoping the update will solve many problems. […]
Windows 10 version 1903 has a new non-security update that addresses a problem in which users are unable to use USB Audio 2.0 multi-channel microphones […]
Cisco AnyConnect is VPN software that incorporates advanced protection for blocking malware at endpoints. However, some users have said that they can’t install or launch […]