- Omegle is a popular social platform that lets you connect with random participants and chat with them in various ways.
- Due to its lack of encryption, many customers use it through a VPN. However, sometimes VPNs might not function properly (or at all) on Omegle.
- Discover Omegle and check out the best tips, tricks, solutions, and guides that we have to offer you.
- Visit our VPN Troubleshooting section if you want to read more user-friendly VPN tutorials.
Omegle is a popular chatting service that lets you match with other random participants and engage in conversation.
On the downside, Omegle doesn’t encrypt chat data and keeps it on a server, so it’s possible for malevolent agents to access it.
The obvious solution is to use a VPN. Unfortunately, many VPNs are not working with Omegle.
If you want to find out more about this issue and learn how to make VPNs work with Omegle, keep on reading.
- Private Internet Access - Access content across the globe at the highest speed rate.
- NordVPN - Secure multiple devices and enjoy stable connections anywhere.
- SurfShark - Price convenient VPN service with all-rounded security features.
- CyberGhost - Connect to thousands of servers for persistent seamless browsing.
- ExpressVPN - Browse the web from multiple devices with increased security protocols.
How do I fix VPN not working with Omegle?
Avoid using free VPNs
Free VPNs are not inherently bad and untrustworthy, but they offer a limited number of servers.
On top of that, free VPN servers tend to get overcrowded, which increases the chance of detection and blocking.
Try using premium VPN services (we recommend Private Internet Access) that have large server networks.
While using a premium (paid) service such as PIA, you can quickly switch to another server if you notice the one you’re currently connected to doesn’t seem to work with Omegle.
Private Internet Access
Looking for a VPN that works on Omegle? PIA might be the one.
If you’ve been considering buying a VPN subscription but don’t know where to start, check out our best VPNs for Omegle.
The main reason why certain VPNs are not working on Omegle is that they get detected. No, it doesn’t mean that Omegle can decrypt VPN traffic.
It means that Omegle knows whether you’re behind a VPN or not and decides to pull the plug on your connection.
VPNs with obfuscation features can easily mask VPN traffic, making it appear like regular traffic.
As a result, Omegle won’t be able to detect VPN traffic as easily, therefore it won’t make any efforts to try and stop you from using its service.
Check out our top obfuscation-ready VPNs in the list below:
|Product Name||Obfuscation||Company Name|
|NordVPN||Obfuscated Servers||Tefincom & Co., S.A.|
|Surfshark VPN||Camouflage Mode||Surfshark LTD|
|VyprVPN||Chameleon protocol||Golden Frog GmbH|
|IPVanish||Scramble OpenVPN traffic||StackPath, LLC|
|ExpressVPN||Stealth servers||Express VPN International Ltd.|
|TunnelBear||Stealth VPN||McAfee, LLC|
|Windscribe VPN||Stealth VPN||Windscribe Limited|
|VPN Unlimited||KeepSolid Wise||KeepSolid Inc.|
If the VPN service comes with Private DNS servers, it would be a wise decision to make use of this feature.
As far as bypassing geo-restrictions goes, enabling Private DNS does a better job than using a VPN that lacks this option.
Aside from preventing DNS leaks which could compromise your privacy, Private DNS also reduces VPN detection/blocking rate.
VPN browser addons
If possible, use the VPN‘s web browser extension to prevent WebRTC leaks.
As we briefly explained above, leaks are bad for VPN detection rates.
Whether it’s IPv4, IPv6, DNS, or WebRTC leaks, they make it possible for various online systems to detect VPN traffic and successfully block it.
Omegle makes no exception. So, to make your VPN connection airtight, we recommend using the VPN‘s browser extension to eliminate WebRTC leaks.
Multi-hop VPN connections
Certain VPN services provide their customers with a useful feature that lets them bounce their connections through more than just one location.
For instance, NordVPN has a feature called Double VPN which bounces your connection through two secure servers. You can read all about it in our in-depth NordVPN review.
However, using proxy servers such as Shadowsocks or SOCKS5 also grants the same effect.
The bottom line is that you’re less likely to be blocked if your connection is not tied to just one location.
Flush your DNS
- Launch a command prompt (CMD)
- Type the following commands
netsh winsock reset
- Restart your PC
Sometimes, cached data build-ups can contribute to various connectivity issues. Clearing the cache usually solves many of these problems.
Flushing your DNS and resetting the Winsock is such an operation and could help you make your VPN work with Omegle once again.
More solutions you can try
- Enable the VPN kill switch
- Keep your VPN client up-to-date
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies
- Use your browser’s incognito mode
- Always pick the strongest encryption protocols
- Switch the VPN server if Omegle rejects your current one
All things considered, if your VPN is not working on Omegle, there might be hope for you yet.
However, note that our suggested fixes may not work all the time or for everyone.
If that’s the case and you can’t find a working suggestion, please contact your VPN provider’s support team for a fix.
Your connection is not secure - websites you visit can find out your details:
- Your IP Address:
Companies can sell this information, alongside your location and internet provider name, and profit from it by serving targeted ads or monitoring your data usage.
We recommend Private Internet Access, a VPN with a no-log policy, open source code, ad blocking and much more; now 79% off.