What is wab.exe file? How do I remove it from my PC?
Wab.exe is the executable file for the Windows Address Book — a legitimate process file developed by Microsoft Corporation. Usually, it is located in C:Program Files on Windows systems.
However, malware coders create several viruses and name them after legitimate program files in order to lure unsuspecting PC users to download them. One of such malware threats is the wab.exe file.
How do I know if my PC has been infected with wab.exe malware?
Windows PC infected with the wab.exe malware usually exhibits the following symptoms:
- Wab.exe exe utilizes high CPU space
- Constant system crashes
- Web browser redirects automatically to inappropriate website
- Windows PC slows down consistently
- Unsolicited popup ads starts appearing on your PC
The malware effect can be frustrating as this makes it difficult for you to use your PC after start up in the long run.
How can I remove wab.exe malware files?
Windows 10 users who experience the wab.exe problem should remove it out rightly with the following methods:
Method 1: Scan your PC for malware
Here’s how to use MalwarebytesAdwCleaner on your Windows PC:
- Download MalwarebytesAdwCleaner at the official website
- Double-click on the downloaded executable file and follow the prompts to complete installation.
- After installation, right-click on the MalwarebytesAdwCleaner icon, and then select “Run as administrator” to open the program.
- In the MalwarebytesAdwCleaner display, click on the “Scan” button to commence the scanning operation.
- After the completed scan, click on the “Clean” button.
- Now, click “OK” when prompted to reboot your PC to complete cleaning.
Note: Other software programs capable of removing wab.exe file includes Hitman Pro, SpyHunter, IObit Uninstaller, and ZemanaAntiMalware. Therefore, you can download any of these tools in order to remove the wab.exe file from your Windows PC.
Method 2: Use CCleaner
Just as its name implies, CCleaner is a powerful PC cleaning utility developed and maintained by Piriform Ltd. Besides, CCleaner some of the most powerful PC optimization tools which includes disk cleaner, registry cleaner, drive wiper, disk analyser, duplicate finder, startup manager, program uninstaller, and more.
Nevertheless, with the program uninstaller tool, you can locate and remove any program associated with the wab.exe process on your PC.
Follow these steps in order to download, install, and use CCleaner:
- Download CCleaner free version or Download CCleaner Pro version.
- Install and follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- After installation, launch CCleaner, and then click on the “Tools” tab
- In the “Uninstall” menu, locate the program associated with the wab.exe file and then click on uninstall to commence the uninstall operation.
- Afterwards, click on the “Registry Cleaner” and then “scan for issues” to remove the software leftovers by the program.
Method 3: Repair corrupted files with SFC
System File Checker (SFC) tool checks for corrupt files on your system fixes them. Running this tool will help you to fix system files corrupted by the wab.exe file.
Here’s how to run the SFC tool:
- Press the Windows key
- Type Command Prompt in the search dialogue box.
- When the results appear, Right-click on Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator.
- In the command prompt window, type sfc/scannow and then press enter.
- Wait for the SFC to run and follow the prompts.
- Afterwards, type dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and exit after the process.
- Restart your PC afterwards
Recommended Tasks to perform after removing wab.exe
After removing wab.exe file, it is highly recommended that you perform the following operations on your PC to prevent of such (or similar).
- Install a strong antivirus program
A strong antivirus program with malware blocking capabilities will enable you to surf the web without risk of malware infection. Recommended antivirus program you can use includes Bitdefender, BullGuard, Kaspersky AV, and Avira.
- Run Windows update
Frequent Windows updates released by Microsoft Corporation ensure that your systems are stable and immune to latest threats. Moreover, Windows updates are known to fix issues such as the wab.exe malware problem.
Follow these steps to run Windows update:
- Go to Start>type “update” in the search box and then click on “Windows Update” to proceed.
- In the Windows Update window, check for updates and install the available updates.
- After the update is complete, restart your Windows PC.
Hope you find this helpful.
RELATED GUIDES TO CHECK OUT:
- What is CCSDK.exe? How do I remove it? We have the answers
- 10 best uninstaller software for PC users
- 7 best security antivirus with trial version for 2019