- When website buttons are not working, it may be due to the browser you're using.
- Another culprit might also be the site developer, but you needn't worry. We have the right fix.
- There are other solutions, as well, that may involve updates. Check out our guide for the answers you're looking for.
Most websites include buttons of some description and they usually work fine. However, on certain sites, it might not always work when users click them.
In such cases, nothing happens when users click certain, or all, buttons on specific pages. That will often be a browser issue, but might also be something for website developers to fix.
This can become extremely frustrating in time, as you can end up wasting a lot of time trying to figure out what is happening.
In order to help you fix the problem with website buttons not working, we came up with a series of fixes, described below.
How can I fix the website buttons not working?
1. Use Opera
If you keep having issues with website buttons it may be better to switch to a new browser.
Users might find that some website buttons are not working in Chrome so, try opening the websites in an alternative one, such as Opera.
Opera is a Chromium web browser with a similar UI design to Chrome, and you can also utilize Chrome extensions.
Opera has been strictly designed to ensure the protection of your device and will not encrypt any sensitive details or cookies. You should be assured that your privacy is being covered by using Opera.
It takes just a few seconds to download Opera and you will immediately see some of the new functionalities that come with it: an ad blocker, free built-in VPN, instant notification, and simple extension personalization.
If you want a reliable browser, fast connection with a flexible and easy to customize interface then this is your best choice!
2. Refresh the website page
A simple page refresh might sometimes solve the Chrome buttons not working issue. To refresh a webpage, click the Reload button on the browser’s URL toolbar.
Reload buttons are usually adjacent to the URL bar in most browsers. Then try clicking the buttons after reloading a page.
- Click the Customize and control Google Chrome button.
- Click the Settings option.
- Click Advanced.
- Click the Site settings button.
- Turn the Blocked option on.
- If there are any sites on the Block list, remove them.
- Click More actions and select Remove.
3. Clear the browser’s data
- Click the Customize Google Chrome button.
- Select More tools and Clear browsing data.
- Select the Cookies and other site data check box.
- Click the Cached images and files option.
- Select All Time on the Time range drop-down menu.
- Then press the Clear data button.
4. Reset the browser
- Enter the code below in the URL bar:
- Click the Advanced button.
- Next, click the Restore settings to their original defaults option.
- Press the Reset settings button.
Sometimes the solution might be as simple as resetting your browser. Follow carefully these steps and you should get rid of the problem you have regarding the website buttons not showing up in chrome.
5. Update the browser
- Open the Run accessory by pressing the Windows key + R hotkey.
- Input the next line the Open text box:
- Press the OK button.
- Select the browser, and click the Uninstall option.
- Select the Yes option to uninstall the software.
- Restart the desktop or laptop before reinstalling the browser.
6. Adjust the security settings
- Click the gear button and select Internet Options.
- Then choose the Security tab.
- Click Trusted sites.
- Drag the Allowed levels bar down.
- Click the Internet and Custom level.
- Select a lower setting on the Reset to menu.
- Click the Reset and OK buttons.
- Press the Apply button, and click the OK option to exit.
These are some of the potential resolutions for fixing website buttons that don’t work.
Note, however, that the website developers might need to fix some of the buttons on their site pages. So, the resolutions above aren’t always guaranteed.
We’d like to hear more from on this subject so don’t forget to drop us a comment in the section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
If a website button is not working you could try using another browser, like Opera. Check out all the solution to this issue in our easy guide on how to fix website buttons not working in browsers.
This issue may be related to some extensions. Check out how you can fix this problem in this article on how to fix Pinterest browser button not working.
Missing updates might generate this problem. See all the causes and how to solve the issue in this guide on fixing Windows 10 start button not working.