- The Website is online but isn't responding to connection attempts error is caused by add-ons or incorrect proxy settings.
- If you're using a proxy and getting this error, consider replacing it with a VPN solution.
- Browser add-ons can cause connection issues to a website, so, make sure to check them.
- If you receive the Website is online but isn’t responding error, try switching your browser.
The errors Website is online but isn’t responding to connection attempts is usually caused by different add-ons that you installed on your Internet browser, or because of faulty proxy settings.
When this error is displayed, it can be very frustrating to not be able to access any websites.
Most of the users in this situation will try running the Network Troubleshooting feature found in Windows 10. However, doing this doesn’t solve the problem.
For these reasons, in this article, we will discuss the best way to deal with this dreaded error. Read on to find out more.
How can I fix the Website is online but isn’t responding error?
1. Switch to another browser
This error is caused by your browser so the easiest way of fixing it is to switch to another, more reliable software. We recommend Opera because, firstly, it doesn’t produce such errors.
It’s a very fast browser with a modern design that’s getting upgraded every month. If you’re into social networks, you will have Facebook, WhatsApp, and Instagram conveniently placed in your sidebar.
Moreover, Opera is a secure browser that comes with a dedicated VPN that is shielding your browsing activity even from your ISP, protecting your identity online.
Don’t take our word for it. Try it for yourself because it’s free.
OperaAvoid any errors or mishaps by using Opera, a great browser for speedy and safe browsing!
2. Turn off proxy settings
- Click on the Start button, and choose the cogwheel button (Settings).
- Click on Network and Settings.
- Click on Proxy, then toggle Automatically detect settings to Off.
- Try reconnecting to your network.
If your proxy was the issue, you might want to consider switching to a VPN. It has many advantages compared to a proxy, and if you’re looking for a reliable solution, we suggest Private Internet Access.
For those who are unaware, the Virtual Private Network works by rerouting all your Internet browsing through secure networks all over the world.
Nobody will be able to see your identity when you’re connected to a VPN. The main difference between a proxy and a VPN is that a proxy encrypts web traffic while a VPN takes care of all kinds of traffic.
We also have to mention that a free proxy can be oftentimes dangerous and can inject malware. Nevermind the countless forced ads to pay off their usage.
3. Disable any add-ons found in your browser/s
The most common cause for Website is online but isn’t responding to connection attempts error are your browser add-ons, so be sure to disable them all.
- Open Firefox, and click on the 3 stripes found in the upper right corner of your screen and select Add-ons.
- Remove all add-ons found in this list (you can download them again after the issue is resolved).
- Restart Firefox.
- Open Chrome, and click the 3 dots found in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Hover over More tools and click on Extensions.
- Remove all add-ons.
4. Reset TCP/IP and DNS
- Press the Winkey + X, and choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- Enter these commands in the Command Prompt, and hit Enter on your keyboard after each of them.
netsh int ip reset
Clearing the DNS cache removes all the entries, deletes any invalid records, and forces your system to repopulate those addresses the next time you try accessing those websites.
5. Try resetting your network settings
- Press the Win key + I combination.
- In the Network and Internet tab, choose Network reset.
- Select Reset now.
- This process will now check, install, and reinstall all the required network adapters.
- Check your Internet connection to see if the problem is solved.
In this article, we explored some of the best methods that will help you solve the Website is online but isn’t responding to connection attempts error on Windows 10.
Please make sure to follow the steps presented in this article in the order that they were presented to get the best results.
We hope this guide helped you reconnect to the Internet and get access to your favorite websites. Please feel free to let us know if this article helped you by using the comment section below.