- An outdated browser could be why WhatsApp Web is not working on Firefox.
- Firefox 60+ is the least acceptable version you can use with WhatsApp Web.
- Restarting Firefox in Safe Mode can make the instant messaging app work on your browser again.
Firefox is one of the fastest browsers you can use with WhatsApp Web. It boasts a searing browsing speed and a simple interface that complements the great instant messaging app.
Unfortunately, users are starting to complain that WhatsApp Web is not working on Firefox for some reason. This has made many miss the flexibility the web version offers.
In this guide, we will show you how to fix the WhatsApp Web on Firefox issue and help you get back to chatting online again.
Why does WhatsApp Web not work on Firefox?
WhatsApp web might not be working on Firefox for numerous reasons. From issues with your PC to problems with the browser, many possibilities exist.
Below are some of the popular causes:
- Outdated browser
- Unsupported PC operating system
- Wrong custom settings and faulty extensions
Which browser is compatible with WhatsApp Web?
WhatsApp Web works on all the major browsers like Opera, Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. The only condition is that it must be one of the browser’s recent versions.
Also, you must be using a supported operating system. If these conditions are satisfied, there is almost no browser you can’t use with WhatsApp Web.
If WhatsApp Web is still not working on Firefox for you, just consider Opera for a change.
Opera is an excellent browser for social and instant messaging apps. It has a WhatsApp Web integration, which makes it super easy to access directly from the sidebar.
Keep in touch with your peers and get quick access to WhatsApp, without having to open any new tabs!
How can I make WhatsApp Web work again on Firefox?
1. Update Firefox
- Click the menu button on Firefox and select the Settings option.
- Scroll down and click the Check for updates button under the Firefox Updates section.
- It will show you the latest versions to install.
Running an outdated browser on your PC is a known cause for the WhatsApp Web not working on Firefox issue. The minimum Firefox version you can use to run WhatsApp Web is Firefox 60+.
Anything below this, and you won’t be able to use the instant messaging app. After updating your browser, ensure you restart it to sync the changes.
2. Restart Firefox in Safe Mode
- Launch Firefox and click the menu button in the top right corner.
- Choose the Help option.
- Select the Troubleshoot Mode… option.
- Click the Restart button when prompted.
While extensions help to increase the functionality of Firefox, they can be the reason WhatsApp Web is not working. This is especially true if you start noticing the issue after installing some extensions.
This fix will help you restart Firefox with all extensions, themes, and custom settings disabled temporarily.
The WhatsApp Web not working on Firefox issue can be exasperating, as it might make you miss out on important messages. Though it is not difficult to fix, you still need a detailed guide such as this to solve the problem.
After solving the issue with WhatsApp, you can check out our carefully-curated tips on how to use Facebook Messenger on browser to make the best of the web app.
Feel free to let us know which solution helped you get back to answering important chats in the comments below.