Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- Are you still running on version 1803? We have good news for you!
- Microsoft is giving Windows 10, v1803 a second chance rescheduling the EOS date for May 2021.
- Never miss a security update or an exciting new Windows feature, get the latest Patch Tuesday!
- Bookmark our News Hub to always get the freshest information from the tech world.
Not long ago,announced that Windows 10, version 1803 has reached the end of mainstream support.
Consequently, this version of Windows was not to benefit from any non-security update releases. You can forget about that. If you’re still running on 1803, here’s a quick reason to rejoice:
Microsoft is extending the end of service date for version 1803
To be more specific, Education, Enterprise, and Enterprise IoT editions are spared for the time being and will continue to benefit from regular updates up until May 2021.
The reason for this sudden change of heart seems to based on public opinion and feedback that the giant from Redmond received from Windows users worldwide.
Given the rather precarious global health context,officially announced that the scheduled end-of-service date for the forementioned editions will be delayed until May 2021 in an attempt to facilitate business continuity.
The latestfrom August, 11 brought quite a number of improvements and fixes for this version of Windows 10.
As a reminder, the cumulative update KB4571709 delivered:
- Security updates to Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge Legacy
- Updates to improve security when Windows performs basic operations.
- Security updates to input devices and peripherals such as a mouse, or keyboard
- New file storage and management capacities
- Security updates to the Scripting Engine, Windows Graphics, Windows Input and Composition
- Updates to Windows Media, Windows Shell, the Windows Wallet Service, and Windows Cloud Infrastructure
- Security updates to Windows Fundamentals, Windows Kernel, and Windows Update Stack Services
- Updates to JET Database Engine, the Windows AI Platform, and Windows Hybrid Storage
Needless to say that support for devices running on old Windows 10, version 1803 editions will be completely shut down from May onward.
As far as we see it, it’s just one more reason to jump on the v2004 boat. After all, this is the latest, most advanced, and most feature-rich Windows 10 version currently available.
But don’t just take our word for it. Feel free to take your time and carefully weigh in your options before making a decision.
As always, we have your back with all the information you need to know about Windows 10 v2004:
Do let us know how are you getting prepared for this change by reaching for the comments section below.