Windows 10 Anniversary Update is incompatible with some McAfee products
The long-awaited Windows 10 Anniversary Update is finally here, but you shouldn’t hurry to install it if you’re using McAfee products. The security software company warned users that some of its products might cause performance issues and system instability on computers running the Anniversary Update.
The list of incompatible products includes:
- McAfee Agent (MA)
- Data Loss Prevention Endpoint (DLPe)
- Data Exchange Layer (DXL)
- Endpoint Security (ENS) Firewall
- ENS Threat Prevention
- ENS Web Control
- McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention (Host IPS) 8.0
- McAfee Active Response (MAR)
- McAfee Client Proxy (MCP)
- McAfee Move AntiVirus (MOVE)
- McAfee System Information Reporter (SIR).
WARNING: DO NOT upgrade to the Windows 10 Anniversary Update without first verifying whether your McAfee product is compatible. This caution affects the products listed in the Environment section above.
McAfee also added that Microsoft intends to implement an installation check to ensure that no incompatible McAfee products are installed, but Redmond did not implement that check into the current Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
This Microsoft hotfix will protect against installation of incompatible McAfee product versions; however, this hotfix cannot protect against upgrades to the Windows 10 Anniversary Update from nodes already running an incompatible McAfee product version on a previous build of Windows.
In other words, you shouldn’t upgrade to the Anniversary Update unless you verify compatibility. Also, check compatibility before installing McAfee products to a computer already running the Anniversary Update.
However, if you have already installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Update and one of the McAfee products listed above, you must uninstall the McAfee products, downgrade Windows, and then reinstall the McAfee products.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft will roll out Windows 10 Preview Builds even after the Anniversary Update is released
- What to expect from Microsoft Edge in the Anniversary Update for Windows 10
- How to get Windows 10 for free after July 29
- Microsoft making it easier to reactivate Windows 10 after major hardware change
A read-only document can’t be edited, but what if all your documents are set to read-only? This can be a problem that we’re going to […]
Browsing the internet is one of the favorite activity of people across the globe. The thing is, things get tougher when you have limited RAM […]
It is quite usual for printer drivers to become corrupted though strangely enough, there are no specific reasons for that happening. If that is not […]