It appears Microsoft is satisfied with the overall stability and performance of build 14965, and as a result, just released it to Slow Ring Insiders. Windows 10 build 14965 was released last week for Fast Ring Insiders, bringing a series of interesting updates and improvements.
As a quick reminder, here are the key improvements:
- Controlling external monitors from tablets just got easier: Uusers can now drive content on a second display from their tablet without ever having to attach a mouse. The virtual touchpad lets you do more with a tablet and a second screen – just connect to another monitor, PC, or TV, go to Action Center and tap on the “Project” Quick Action to extend your screen.
- Sticky Notes updates include:
- Support for Insights extended to many more languages and regions: flight detection added for Germany (Germany), and more English locales (Canada, Great Britain, India, Arabia), email and URL recognition added for every locale, as well as phone number recognition for all English, German, Spanish, French and Italian locales.
- The performance of text input while typing has been improved.
- Numerous Windows Ink Workspace improvements, such as better performance of loading Sketchpad, the number of Recently Used apps shown in the Windows Ink Workspace has been increased to 6, and more.
- The Address Bar in Registry Editor has been improved. You can now use CTRL + L to set focus to the address bar and use shorthand notation for HKEY names.
The fact that Microsoft rolled out build 14965 to Slow Ring Insiders only means one thing: a new Windows 10 Creators Update build for Fast Ring Insiders is on its way.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Here’s a list of lesser-known Windows 10 Creators Update features
- Users report 2 GB of memory missing in recent Windows 10 builds