Windows 10 build 14965 for PC hits Insiders in the Slow Ring
It appears Microsoft is satisfied with the overall stability and performance of build 14965, and as a result, just released it to Slow Ring Insiders. Windows 10 build 14965 was released last week for Fast Ring Insiders, bringing a series of interesting updates and improvements.
As a quick reminder, here are the key improvements:
- Controlling external monitors from tablets just got easier: Uusers can now drive content on a second display from their tablet without ever having to attach a mouse. The virtual touchpad lets you do more with a tablet and a second screen – just connect to another monitor, PC, or TV, go to Action Center and tap on the “Project” Quick Action to extend your screen.
- Sticky Notes updates include:
- Support for Insights extended to many more languages and regions: flight detection added for Germany (Germany), and more English locales (Canada, Great Britain, India, Arabia), email and URL recognition added for every locale, as well as phone number recognition for all English, German, Spanish, French and Italian locales.
- The performance of text input while typing has been improved.
- Numerous Windows Ink Workspace improvements, such as better performance of loading Sketchpad, the number of Recently Used apps shown in the Windows Ink Workspace has been increased to 6, and more.
- The Address Bar in Registry Editor has been improved. You can now use CTRL + L to set focus to the address bar and use shorthand notation for HKEY names.
The fact that Microsoft rolled out build 14965 to Slow Ring Insiders only means one thing: a new Windows 10 Creators Update build for Fast Ring Insiders is on its way.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Here’s a list of lesser-known Windows 10 Creators Update features
- Windows Ink Workspace improved in latest Windows 10 build
- Users report 2 GB of memory missing in recent Windows 10 builds
Microsoft Excel is undoubtedly one of the best spreadsheet applications for Windows. However, in earlier versions of Excel up to 2010 you can’t automatically open […]
The Error 0x80004005: Unspecified error is one that can pop up for users when renaming, deleting or extracting folders in File Explorer. When the error occurs, […]
Let’s say you’re trying to get the latest update for your Windows, and you’re greeted by the following error Only one instance of wusa.exe is […]