- Windows 10 has a lot to offer and Bluetooth technology occupies an important role when it comes to the useful features of this OS.
- By taking out bulky cables, you can pair devices to your PC wireless. But cases of Bluetooth headphones not connecting are unfortunately not scarce. Here's how to turn this bad scenario into a memory.
- Take a look at our Bluetooth and Headphones sections for more troubleshooting ideas.
- Looking for expert-grade diagnostics? Go ahead and bookmark our extensive Laptop & PC Guides.
Windows 10 has a lot of useful features including the ability to quickly connect devices to your PC without the need for cables around your desk using Bluetooth technology.
Out of all these gadgets, Bluetooth headphones are praised for their ability to deliver quality sound without cables so the headphones industry has really embraced this technology and has started producing it on a large scale.
Everything is great about Bluetooth when it works but it is far from being perfect and sometimes you will come across connectivity problems.
If you’re dealing with a case of Bluetooth headphones not connecting, there are a number of troubleshooting steps you can follow.
What can I do if PC can’t find Bluetooth headphones?
- Make sure the devices you want to pair are compatible
- Check if other Bluetooth devices can be connected
- Verify if you have correctly paired your headsets with your computer
- Bluetooth is missing in Settings – update driver software
- Use Hardware and device troubleshooter
1. Make sure the devices you want to pair are compatible
Your headset has a specific profile that spells out the devices with which it can connect. If you are not sure, go ahead and check the user manual.
Also, if you’re using the Windows 10 April Update OS, check your Bluetooth profiles to make sure they’re compatible with this OS version.
Why won’t my Skullcandy headphones connect to my computer?
Speaking about compatibility, there are some headphones models or brands that are more likely to be impacted by this detection issue than others. It turns out Skullcandy is one of them.
If you’ve never used them before, make sure your soundcard/motherboard is compatible with this headset. If they worked just fine, but they suddenly won’t connect, read on.
So, here’s a quick checklist for you to follow in case you can’t connect your Skullcandy Bluetooth headphones to the PC.
- Turn off your headphones and hold the power button for at least 5 seconds to reset the list of paired devices. Once it begins to flash, it is ready to pair.
- Continue with the same procedure on your other device (laptop or PC).
- Select Settings > Bluetooth & devices > Devices on your computer.
- Next, select More options next to the device that won’t work and choose Remove Device.
- Retry the pairing while both devices are turned on.
2. Check if other Bluetooth devices can be connected
If you can’t connect Bluetooth headphones to the PC, the culprit might not be your headset at all.
Another suggestion is to see if other Bluetooth devices can be connected to your computer. If you cannot connect other Bluetooth devices to your PC, the issue is not with your headphones.
It is actually a Bluetooth issue with the device. If other Bluetooth devices are pairing, check solution no.3 listed below.
3. Verify if you have correctly paired your headsets with your computer
If your laptop can’t find the Bluetooth headphones, you should also verify that you have correctly followed the pairing steps. In order to do this, use the following steps:
- Open Settings and click on Devices
- Click on Bluetooth & other devices and turn on the Bluetooth toggle switch
- Click the Add Bluetooth or other device button to connect your headphones
- Put your headphones into what is called Discovery Mode. Every set of headphones accomplishes this in a different way, so you will need to reference your headphone instructions on how to go about the process
- Go back to the Bluetooth settings page on your computer and select Bluetooth or other devices
- Click on Bluetooth and choose your headphones from the list of devices – it might take a moment, but your headphones will appear in the list
- Click the Connect button to pair and then click the Done button
4. Bluetooth is missing in Settings – update your drivers
If the Bluetooth option is missing from Settings, there is a chance that the problem is linked to a driver issue so another idea is to reinstall the Bluetooth driver or install the latest update available through the manufacturer’s support website.
You can also perform an online search with the name of your headphones along with the word driver. We recommend you to follow their instructions to install the driver, but if you cannot find any directions, you can use these steps:
- Press Windows + R keys, type devmgmt.msc in the dialogue box and press Enter
- Once in the Device Manager, expand the category of Bluetooth and locate your headphones
- Right-click on it and select Update driver option
- Select the Browse my computer for driver software option
- Specify the path for the driver you downloaded.
- Click Next to complete the update.
- After finishing with the steps, use the instructions mentioned at Solution no. 3 to connect your headphones.
Otherwise, you can use a professional tool like DriverFix to automatically search for, find, and install the correct driver for your device.
5. Use the Hardware and device troubleshooter
If you are still unable to fix Bluetooth connectivity due to a driver issue on Windows 10, you can use the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to resolve this issue:
- Type troubleshoot in the search box and press Enter
- In the Troubleshooting window, go to Find and fix other problems and choose Hardware and Devices
- Click on Run the troubleshooter
- Click Next to run the troubleshooter
- Follow the on-screen directions to complete the task
If the previous methods did not resolve the Bluetooth problem, it is possible that the issues are caused by your Windows system failing to recognize the headphones. But don’t worry, wee cover your back with this other solution to repair it.
We hope that you found this article useful. If you have additional solutions to solving this problem, do not hesitate to let us know in the comments section below.