How to use the new Win10 Creators Update troubleshooting page
The Windows 10 Creators Update includes a new troubleshooting page. More specifically, all the troubleshooters from the Control Panel have been moved to the Settings app, meaning that the Settings page now includes a dedicated troubleshooting section.
The migration of Troubleshooters to the Settings app aims to improve the accessibility of troubleshooting options in Windows 10. The new Troubleshoot section in the Settings app categorizes the troubleshooting options available for your operating system.
Finding the right troubleshooter is now easier thanks to the new hierarchy. Moreover, Microsoft also added a series of new solutions. To check out the new troubleshooting section, go to Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot.
How to use the troubleshooting section
The new troubleshooting section features two main categories.
Get up and running:
- Fix problems with connection to the internet and websites
- Fix problems with playing sound
- Fix problems with printing
- Resolve problems that prevent you from updating Windows.
Find and fix other problems:
- Troubleshoot errors that cause Windows to stop or restart
- Troubleshoot Bluetooth, hardware and devices, HomeGroup, keyboard, network adapters, power, program compatibility, recording audio, search and indexing, speech, video playback, or Windows Store issues.
To start the troubleshooting process for a particular issue, simply click on it.
The new Troubleshooter page helps users to fix Windows issues much faster. Instead of browsing the web to find solutions that work, you can now go to the Settings page, select Troubleshooter and then click on the issue that you’re experiencing.
It is worth mentioning that the new Windows 10 Creators Update troubleshooting tools are designed to fix common issues. You may need to resort to additional troubleshooting methods to fix issues that are less frequent.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
Steam is one of the biggest gaming platforms, but players reported that Steam does not show them in game. This problem is particularly annoying, especially […]