Windows 10 Pro for workstations is coming this Fall
In a move that comes as a wonderful surprise for Windows 10 users, Microsoft has made a special announcement that it will release a Windows 10 Pro version for Workstations along with it’s Fall Creators Update later this year.
Officials at Microsoft said the high-end edition of Windows 10 Pro is aimed at meeting demanding needs of mission critical and compute intensive workloads.
The offering will include support for server grade PC hardware and is part of feedback received from the company’s Insider Program.
In addition to scaling up on memory and processors, the new architectural changes in the Windows kernel also user high end processor families from Intel Xeon and AMD Opteron so a larger number of cores can be included in a either single or multiprocessor configurations.
In a bid to leverage the power of high-end PC hardware, the latest update will include:
- ReFS (Resilient file system) offers optimal protection from corruption of data by creating a mirrored storage space that checks for errors and fixes them without ever touching your actual data.
- Persistent memory.Non-volatile memory modules hardware is used to ensure the fastest speeds protection against file loss.
- Faster file sharing is made possible with a new SMB Direct feature that makes use of network adapters with Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) that work quickly even with low CPU power.
- Expanded hardware support came after requests from Windows Insiders who no longer wanted to be limited in their abilities to push the power of their machines.
“Performance is a very important requirement in this new world of fast paced innovation and we will continue to invest on Windows 10 Pro for Workstations to enable Windows power users to maximize every aspect of their high-performance device,” wrote Klaus Diaconu, Partner Group Program Manager, Windows & Devices Group in a blog announcing the upcoming launch.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Pro for Advanced PCs replaces the classic NTFS file system
- Windows 10 Pro for advanced PCs arrives this fall
- Once you go Windows 10 Pro, you can’t go back due to security reasons
UML (Unified Modeling Language) diagrams are visual representations of software systems. The diagrams are essential for software engineers who need to document software systems. There […]
Because we all love listening to our favorite music, it is very important to be able to organize our music library. This task has become […]
Computer problems are usually not that complicated to fix. The real problem is that most people are not that keen to try and fix them, […]