Windows 10 Pro for workstations is coming this Fall
In a move that comes as a wonderful surprise for Windows 10 users, Microsoft has made a special announcement that it will release a Windows 10 Pro version for Workstations along with it’s Fall Creators Update later this year.
Officials at Microsoft said the high-end edition of Windows 10 Pro is aimed at meeting demanding needs of mission critical and compute intensive workloads.
The offering will include support for server grade PC hardware and is part of feedback received from the company’s Insider Program.
In addition to scaling up on memory and processors, the new architectural changes in the Windows kernel also user high end processor families from Intel Xeon and AMD Opteron so a larger number of cores can be included in a either single or multiprocessor configurations.
In a bid to leverage the power of high-end PC hardware, the latest update will include:
- ReFS (Resilient file system) offers optimal protection from corruption of data by creating a mirrored storage space that checks for errors and fixes them without ever touching your actual data.
- Persistent memory.Non-volatile memory modules hardware is used to ensure the fastest speeds protection against file loss.
- Faster file sharing is made possible with a new SMB Direct feature that makes use of network adapters with Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) that work quickly even with low CPU power.
- Expanded hardware support came after requests from Windows Insiders who no longer wanted to be limited in their abilities to push the power of their machines.
“Performance is a very important requirement in this new world of fast paced innovation and we will continue to invest on Windows 10 Pro for Workstations to enable Windows power users to maximize every aspect of their high-performance device,” wrote Klaus Diaconu, Partner Group Program Manager, Windows & Devices Group in a blog announcing the upcoming launch.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Pro for Advanced PCs replaces the classic NTFS file system
- Windows 10 Pro for advanced PCs arrives this fall
- Once you go Windows 10 Pro, you can’t go back due to security reasons
Windows users have posted on forums about an update error that occurs when they try to download and install 2019 KB4494441, KB4489899, andKB4482887 updates. The […]
Microsoft started rolling out the Windows 10 May 2019 Update a few days ago adding a long list of new features and improvements to the […]
Magic Mouse is an Apple mouse that users can also utilize within Windows 10. However, some users have stated in forums that Magic Mouse scrolling […]