Keeping your Windows 10 PC fast isn’t easy, but there are some Windows 10 processes you don’t need to use because they put extra strain on your performance.
In this article, we’re going to show you how to make your Windows 10 faster by disabling certain features.
How to speed up Windows 10?
- Adjust the Power Settings
- Disable Windows Tips and Tricks
- Uninstall bloatware
- Reduce the number of startup applications
- Perform disk cleanup on Windows 10
1. Adjust the Power Settings
Some users set their system’s power settings to Power Saver mode in order to conserve battery. However, this feature can also slow down your PC. To make Windows 10 faster, it’s advised to use High Performance or Balanced power plan.
- Click on the Control Panel.
- Select Hardware and Sound.
- Click on Power options.
- Select Balanced or High Performance.
Using High Performance means more power consumption. But Balanced plan helps strike a balance between performance and power consumption.
2. Disable Windows Tips and Tricks
Windows 10 Tips and Tricks is another of Windows 10 processes you don’t need. This feature provides useful tips to newcomers, but if you’re experienced Windows 10 user, you can disable it. This feature is known for some performance issues, but you can disable it by following these steps:
To stop Windows 10 tips and tricks do the following:
- Open Start menu and click on Settings.
- Go to System > Notification & actions.
- Disable Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows.
3. Uninstall bloatware
Bloatware or crap-ware can constitute some of the Windows 10 processes you don’t need. To make Windows 10 faster, it would do a lot of good to uninstall such programs.
To uninstall such unwanted programs simply:
- Click Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- Select all the applications you intend to uninstall and follow through the process.
Although this method is the simplest, it might not remove the bloatware completely. Sometimes bloatware can leave files and registry entries even if you remove it.
To make sure that bloatware is completely gone from your PC, we advise using uninstaller software such as IOBit Uninstaller. By using this tool, you’ll completely remove any bloatware or unwanted application from your PC.
4. Reduce the number of startup applications
The essence of startup application is to have your favorite applications ready to go as soon as your PC boots. However, over time some of these applications are rarely utilized or not so often. Yet, their presence on Windows 10 startup only becomes part of the problem by reducing your performance.
One of the negative results of too many startup applications is a slower system speed. To resolve this issue do the following:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
- Navigate to the Startup tab.
- Click on the startup application you want to disable.
- Go to the bottom right corner to click the Disable button.
- Repeat these steps for all Windows 10 processes you don’t need .
5. Perform disk cleanup on Windows 10
There are lots of junk or temporary files lurking somewhere in your system. Disk Cleanup is one of the greatest ways to keep Windows 10 in high performance. It also helps clean up temporary and junk files and then recommend for deleting.
To use Disk Cleanup and remove junk files, do the following:
- Into the search area type Disk Cleanup and select Disk Cleanup from the list of results.
- Select the files you want to remove.
- This action will help eliminate all temporary files and more.
There you go, these are some general tips that can help you make Windows 10 faster. Be sure to follow all our steps to improve your performance and disable Windows 10 processes you don’t need.
- How to delete temporary files using Disk Cleanup on Windows 10, 8, 7
- How to remove bloatware from Windows 10 for good
- Windows 10 uninstalls problematic updates to avoid startup failures