Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Microsoft is holding its biggest event of the year today, and we’re here to guide you through all the announcements and updates so you won’t miss a thing!
We expect to finally see the company’s latest operating system and a bunch of new improvements and features. Of course, today is also the day when we’ll find out if the leaks over the past few months are true or if the Redmond giant has something else in store.
The big event is today, June 24, and it starts at 8 am PT, 11 am ET, and 4 pm BST. Our Australian readers can set a reminder for 1 am AEST on June 25. Be sure to join us, as we’ll cover the full reveal from start to finish to give you all the important highlights as they happen.
What to expect during the Windows 11 launch event
If you missed the latest tech news, the big M is most likely preparing a completely new operating system called Windows 11, faster and better than its predecessor. Despite the fact that a few years ago Microsoft suggested that Windows 10 will be its last OS, things have changed.
If you want to be on the lookout for specific features, improvements or changes, here’s a brief on what’s to come:
- A completely new set of Wallpapers
- A different sound scheme, with brand-new startup sounds
- Redesigned Start Menu with more customization options
- More screen options, including top/bottom split screen
- A native Dark Mode that can be enabled directly from Settings
- Improved performance for low-end devices and increased FPS for gamers
- New features and look for Microsoft Edge
- And lots of new tweaks, improvements, and design changes to the OS
How to watch Microsoft’s live reveal of its new OS
If you want to watch the event live, be sure to tune in on Microsoft’s website today, June 24, at 8 am PT, 11 am ET, 4 pm BST, and on June 25, 1 am AEST.
We’ve also prepared a full guide on how to watch the Windows 11 live event, just in case you need further assistance.
If you want to make sure that you won’t miss anything important, stick with us for the liveblog and we’ll keep you constantly updated with Microsoft’s most important announcements.
Windows 11 launch event live blog
Latest updates are added to the top, so don’t forget to refresh the page for more.
- Thanks for joining, everyone! Keep an eye on our latest articles to find out more about Windows 11’s new features!
- 06:45 And, on a 1.1 million live viewers note, the live ends. But Windows 11 continues. Can’t wait to play with all these new features. What’s next?
- 06:42 CEO Satya Nadella is taking the floor! He’s talking about the new era of Windows and the next decade. “Windows has always stood for sovereignty for creators.”
- 06:38 Windows 11-ready PCs are a thing!
- 06:37 Intel, AMD, and Qualcomm are working with Microsoft for better performance and for a larger ecosystem of hardware. We can expect some new amazing devices from companies like Dell, Lenovo or HP!
- 06:36 Android apps are coming to Windows! What’s more to say? Tik-Tok on Windows, anyone?
- 06:33 The Microsoft Store is completely rebuilt. And now, developers have easier ways to develop and enhance their apps. Document Cloud and Creative Cloud from Adobe are now part of the Store.
- 06:30 Game Pass is now part of Windows 11! So is Xbox Cloud. Isn’t that awesome? You can now buy a game directly from the app on your PC. Don’t forget that you can connect lots of controllers and external GPU’s to your PC and play whatever you want, however you want it!
- 06:28 Windows 11 offers superior graphics thanks to Auto-HDR. Doom and Age of Empires are some of the 1000+ games optimized.
- 06:26 Windows 11 is focused on gaming, as Microsoft finally confirms. That’s great news for gamers all over the world. Faster FPS anyone?
- 06:22 Resizing is now child’s play! The new experience on tablets is way more refined than before. It seems that Windows 11 will work seamlessly on both PCs and touch devices.
- 06:17 Microsoft Teams is now working directly from the Taskbar! The chat list pops up when you hover over the icon.
- 06:12 Snap Group layouts and the docking/undocking experience are awesome! A new level of productivity that will definitely improve many workflows.
- 06:11 PM The new Start Menu has integrated search for File Explorer, OneDrive, and web. Also, the redesign is completely optimized for touch-input devices
- 06:06 PM It seems that Microsoft is having some problems with the live stream. Server issues?
- 06:04 PM – Windows 11 is confirmed. The speculations around Microsoft’s latest OS are finally over.
- 3 minutes and counting. Already 13.7k people are tuned in
- Are you ready? Because Microsoft surely is. Let’s see what Microsoft has in store for us…