Say that every time you log into Windows, a Windows needs your current credentials message appears in the lower right corner. But if you log in with your password, lock the screen, and repeat the login attempt – it just shows up again, out of the blue. This can be rather annoying and it can make you wish you never pressed the start button on your machine altogether.
Looks like we’ve got an error on our hands. An error associated with accounts that have a password or PIN requirement login. We’re aware that this error can be annoying, but just bear with us, we have a couple of solutions ahead.
How can I fix Windows needs your current credentials error?
1. Change Group Policy Setting
One way to fix Windows needs your current credentials message is to make changes to the Group Policy settings. To do that, follow these steps:
- Go to Run and type gpedit.msc and click OK to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
- A window appears where you will need to follow this path: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Logon.
- Once you select Logon, in the right pane double-click the Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon option.
- If this option is Enabled click to Disable it. You can also set it to Not Configured.
- Click Apply and then click OK.
- Exit the Group Policy Editor and restart the device.
2. Verify your account
Some users claim that you can fix Windows needs your current credentials message simply by verifying your account. Do that by following these steps:
- Go to the Start Menu.
- Right-click on your user profile.
- Go to Change account settings.
- Go to Your info.
- Hit the Verify link and you will be lead to a series of on-screen instructions that you will need to follow to complete the process.
- Reboot the device after you’re done with the verification process.
3. Active the trial version of Windows
- Click Start then click Settings.
- Click Update & security to go to Activation.
- Click the Change product key option.
- When prompted, enter the following product key VK7JG_NPHTM_C97JM_9MPGT_3V66T and press Enter. This will only activate the trial version.
- Complete the installation until a login screen for the upgraded OS appears with the following message: Edition upgrade completed.
- You’re all good to go.
We hope that you solved Windows needs your current credentials message using one of our solutions. In the meantime, let us know in the comment section down below on what solution you came up with.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT: