Many users reported Your credentials couldn’t be verified error message while trying to use a PIN to sign in to Windows 10.
This can be a big inconvenience, but there’s a way to fix this problem, and today we’re going to show you how to do it.
What to do if your credentials couldn’t be verified?
1. Change Privacy settings
- Sign in with your account password instead of a PIN.
- Now open the Settings app and go to the Privacy
- From the left pane, select Account Info. In the Choose which apps can access your account info section enable Email and accounts and Microsoft Content.
- After doing that, check if the problem is still there.
2. Disable Windows Hello
- Open the Settings app and navigate to the Accounts
- Locate Windows Hello section and disable Windows Hello.
- Restart your PC.
- Log in with the administrator account and enable Windows Hello once again.
- Set up your PIN once again.
- Check if the issue is still there.
3. Click Cancel when the error message appears
- Wait for the error message to appear on your screen.
- Now click the Cancel button.
- After doing that, you should be able to log in to Windows 10.
Note: Only a few users reported that this workaround worked for them, so it might not work for you.
4. Log in using Safe Mode
- Once you reach the login screen, click the Power button, press and hold the Shift key and choose Restart from the menu.
- Now select Troubleshoot > Advanced options.
- Select the Startup Settings. If this option isn’t available, select See more recovery options.
- Now click the Restart
- Once the PC restarts, select any version of Safe Mode by pressing the corresponding keyboard key.
- If you can log in in Safe Mode, you might want to remove your PIN for an affected account for the time being.
There you go, these are some simple solutions you can use if you encounter Your credentials couldn’t be verified error message. Feel free to try them all and let us know which solution worked for you.
- Here’s how to fix Windows needs your current credentials message
- How to add, remove and edit files in Windows Credential Manager
- Enter network credentials on Windows 10 [BEST SOLUTIONS]