Microsoft will launch the Windows 10 Redstone 5 OS this fall with a lot of new features and changes. One of them is the rebranding of security hub Windows Defender Security Center. The company changes the name of the hub to Windows Security. The hub includes all the OS security features such as parental controls and Windows Defender antivirus scanning options. Windows Security will also group all the necessary tools to protect user data.
More improvements coming in future Windows 10 builds
Besides the name change of Windows Defender Security Center, there will be more new features and improvements included in the future Windows 10 builds for Windows Insiders who will receive the new features for testing gradually.
Regarding the name change, Microsoft said that Windows Defender Security Center is now called Windows Security. More changes are being made to the way that threats and actions are presented.
You can still get to the app in all the usual ways – simply ask Cortana to open Windows Security or interact with the taskbar icon. Windows Security lets you manage all your security needs, including Windows Defender Antivirus and Windows Defender Firewall.
Microsoft announced the release of Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17661 (RS5) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring and to the ones who opted in to Skip Ahead. Insiders in the Fast ring and in Skip Ahead will all receive the same RS5 builds.
Here’s what’s new in Build 17661
You can find out what’s new in Build 17661 by reading the complete blog post, but we’ll also list a few of them, just to know what to expect:
- A modern snipping experience – Screen Sketch is now an app.
- Continuing the Sets Experiment
- More Fluent Design Features
- Focus assist improvements when gaming
- Continuing the Sound Settings migration
- Microsoft Pinyin and Wubi IMEs are on their way to the next level
…and more. Check out all the new features here.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Lean/CloudE is a smaller version of Redstone 5
- Windows 10 Redstone 5 brings a new Net Adapter Framework
- Best Antivirus software to use in 2018 for your Windows 10 PC