How to Fix Problems with Wireless N Routers in Windows 10, 8.1
There can be many issues regarding the wireless N routers you have in your home but following this tutorial below will explain exactly what you need to do in order to fix the problems you are having and get your wireless N router up and running in no time on the Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 operating system.
This issue you are having with your wireless N router is usually caused by upgrading to Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 and in order to fix it you will need to adjust some IP settings for the router in Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 as well as checking your router and your connections if it is in good parameters.
Tutorial on how to fix the problems with wireless N routers in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
First method: Turn off/restart your router from the power socket
If you have limited connectivity on the wireless N router it means that your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 device is connected to the wireless router but the internet connectivity is not working.
- First You will need to reboot your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 device.
- Check and see if the wireless connection was made properly and you don’t have the limited connectivity exclamation mark.
- If you still have the exclamation mark on the wireless internet connectivity you will need to unplug the wireless N router from the power socket.
- Wait 30 seconds for the router to power down correctly.
- Plug in the wireless router to the power socket now.
- Wait approximately 30 seconds and try to connect to the wireless router.
- Check and see if your internet connection works now.
Second method: Check IPv4
- Move the mouse cursor over to the upper right side of the screen.
- You should have in front of you the “Charms” bar and you need to left click or tap on the “Search” feature.
- In the search box write the following: “Command Prompt”.
- Now after the search is done you need to left click or tap on the command prompt icon.
- In the command prompt window write the following: “Ipconfig /all” but without the quotes.
- Press the Enter button on the keyboard.
- You will have there a list in which you should have an IP Adress (IPv4).
- If you have an IP address that means it can establish a connection with the router.
- If the connection is working then you will need to update the wireless card driver you use for the Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 and also check if there are any updates available on the Wireless N router you are using.
Third method: Reset your router
- You will need to try to reset the Wireless N router.
- This is usually done via a small button at the back of the router but for a more detailed explanation, you will need to read the Wireless N router manual.
- After the reset is completed reboot your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 device.
- Connect to the Wireless N router and see if you have the same connection issues.
If you’re still having issues with your hardware or you simply want to avoid them for the future, we recommend you to download this tool (100% safe and tested by us) to fix various PC problems, such as hardware failure but also file loss and malware.
Common wireless connection issues in Windows 10. 8.1
It is important to mention that some of this problems may also occur because of other system errors. You may want to check your computer if it connects to the router and if it is not a wireless adapter or access point issue. It may be that the problem is in your Wi-Fi adapter range and in this case, check our dedicated article which will guide you in order to fix these Wi-Fi range problems. If none of the methods above do work, you might consider purchasing a Wi-Fi adapter for your computer.
These are the methods that you can try in order to fix your Wireless N router and make it work as it should with the Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 operating system. Please write us below for any additional information that you may need on this subject.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in November 2014 and has been since revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
Installing Android drivers on a PC should be a walk in a park. You connect your handset with the PC via the USB cable and, […]
Do you have NOX installed on your PC? Are you experiencing any form of lag while running it? This article is specially designed for you! […]
Do you have ExpressVPN installed on your PC? Do you encounter connection problems after an update? This guide will help you out. Here, we’ll be […]