This disc is unreadable error can appear on your Xbox while trying to play Games on Demand game on your console.
This issue usually occurs if you’re not using the same profile that you purchased the game with to play the game, or if your console can’t read the game files from your storage.
However, there a way to fix that, and today we’re going to show you to do it.
What do you do when your Xbox disc is unreadable?
1. Check your profile
- Make sure that you’re using the same profile that you used to purchase the game.
- If you’re not using the same profile, you’ll need to switch your profile.
- After switching the profile, try to run the game.
2. Clean your disc
- Remove the disc you’re trying to run from your console.
- Hold the disc by the edges without touching the top or bottom surface.
- Now use a soft, clean and slightly damp cloth to clean the bottom of the disc.
- Wipe the disc from the center to the edges gently, and don’t use any solvents.
- Once the disc is clean, wait for a few moments and insert it back to your console.
3. Transfer the game license to your console
Note: This solution only applies if you’re trying to play the game you purchased on a different console.
- On your Xbox, sign in to the Microsoft account.
- Navigate to Settings > Account.
- Head over to the Your Billing Options > License Transfer.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the content transfer.
- After transferring the licenses, you’ll need to download the content again in order to update the licenses on your console.
- After the process is done, try to run the game again.
4. Reinstall the game
- Go to Settings > System.
- Head over to the Storage and choose your storage device.
- Now select Games and apps and the game you’re having trouble running.
- Select Delete from the menu.
- Download a game demo from the Microsoft Store that is the same size as the game you couldn’t run.
- Now press the Guide button on your controller and go to Settings > Account.
- Head over to the Download History, select your Games on Demand game and choose Download again.
- After the game is downloaded, check if the issue is resolved.
Note: Some users are suggesting to use a different storage device when downloading the game again, so you might want to try that as well.
If you choose to do so, there’s no need to download a demo game, just delete the game and download it again.
There you go, several quick and simple solutions that might help you fix This disc is unreadable error on your Xbox. If you found these solutions helpful, feel free to let us know in the comments section.