Many Xbox One owners reported an Xbox error message 0x87e1000b on their console. This issue appears when trying to run certain games, and here’s how one user described the issue on Microsoft Answers forum:
help needed please to sort out this error code which comes up any time I try to start an online game
If you’re having problems with this error, in today’s article we’ll show you how to fix it once and for all.
How can I fix Xbox error message 0x87e1000b?
1.Hard reset your console
- Press and hold the Power button on your console for 10 seconds to turn it off.
- Once your console turns off, disconnect it from the power outlet.
- Leave your console turned off for a minute or two.
- Connect it again to the power outlet and press the Power button on the console to turn it on.
- Check if the issue is still there.
2. Just wait it out
- Sometimes this error can be related to Microsoft or its servers.
- If that’s the case, just wait out for a day or two.
- After some time has passed, check if the error message is still there.
3. Reset Xbox One to factory defaults
- Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the Guide.
- Now go to System > Settings.
- Navigate to System > Console info and choose Reset console.
- You’ll be presented with two options:
- Reset and keep my games & apps – Select this option is you want to reset your console but save the important data such as games and apps.
- Reset and remove everything – By using this option you’ll remove all games and apps from your console, so you’ll have to download them again. Use this option only if the previous one doesn’t work.
4. Contact Microsoft support
If the previous solutions didn’t work for you, contact Microsoft support and see if they can help you fix the problem.
As you can see Xbox error message 0x87e1000b is just a temporary error, but in most cases, you can fix it simply by performing a hard reset on your console.
If you found our solution helpful, feel free to let us know by using the comments section below.
- Here’s how to solve Xbox error code 0x903f900a
- Fix Xbox error code 0x82d40007 with these 3 easy solutions
- How to solve Xbox error code 0x82d40004