- Several users have reported that the Xbox installer is stuck at the Making things awesome screen in Windows 11 and they can't enjoy gaming.
- This could be due to misconfigured settings, problems with the Microsoft Store, or system incompatibility, amongst other issues.
- Also, learn all about Xbox Game Pass, and how you can subscribe and play over 100 games on your device.
Xbox is one of the most loved platforms amongst the gaming community, primarily owing to the wide variety of games available. But, several users have reported that the Xbox installer is stuck at the Making things awesome window with no progress.
The Xbox app in Windows 11, as well as in the previous iteration, allows users to connect their Xbox account, and play games with friends across devices. Not only that, with the Xbox Game Pass, users can play over 100 games after purchasing the subscription.
But, the inability to install the Xbox app changes the equation. Therefore, we have dedicated this guide to help you eliminate the issues causing the Xbox installer to get stuck at the Making things awesome screen.
Why is the Xbox installer stuck at Making things awesome screen?
When the Xbox installer is stuck at the Making things awesome screen, it indicates a problem either with the installer setup itself, the Microsoft Store, or with the OS. We went through forums where users shared their experience with the error and how they managed to fix it.
Most of the time, it was running an older version of Windows 11 that caused the issue. Problems with the Microsoft Store were found the second most prominent underlying cause.
Based on our research, we have listed the most effective fixes for the error and recommend that you execute them in the same sequence for quick troubleshooting.
What can I do if Xbox installer is stuck at the Making things awesome screen in Windows 11?
1. Check if your system matches the requirements for the Xbox app
If your Xbox installer is stuck at the Making things awesome screen, it could be because the Xbox app doesn’t support your system. Xbox has listed the minimum system requirements on its official website to run the app. We have listed them here to save you some time:
- OS: Windows 11/10 (version 22H1 or higher)
- Processor: Intel Core i5, AMD Ryzen 5 (Quad-core or higher)
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- GPU: AMD Radeon RX 560, NVIDIA GTX 1050
- DirectX: DirectX 12
- Free storage: 150 GB
- Display: 1080p
If your PC matches these requirements, one of the below methods should eliminate the underlying issues preventing the Xbox app from installing. In case it doesn’t match, we recommend that you upgrade the system.
2. Verify that Windows 11 is legit and activated
Another reason for users to encounter the Xbox installer stuck at Making things awesome is because the Windows 11 they are running is not legit. If you used a third-party tool to activate Windows 11, we recommend you run a legit copy of it.
In case you are encountering the 0xc004c003 error while activating Windows 11, learn how to fix it. Once done, the Xbox installer wouldn’t anymore be stuck at the Making things awesome screen and the installation should finally go through.
3. Reboot the PC
- Navigate to the desktop and press Alt + F4 to launch the Shut Down Windows box. Click on the dropdown menu and select Restart from the list of options.
- Next, click on OK to restart the PC.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
One of the best troubleshooting methods to eliminate trivial bugs is to restart the PC. When you do that, the OS is rebooted and any issues leading to the Xbox installer being stuck at the Making things awesome screen should be removed.
4. Update Windows 11
- Press Windows + I to launch the Settings app, and select Windows Update from the tabs listed in the navigation pane on the left.
- Next, click on Check for updates on the right to scan for any available newer versions of the OS.
If any newer versions are found, download and install them on your PC to update Windows 11 and fix the Xbox installer stuck at Making things awesome.
5. Run the Windows Store App troubleshooter
- Press Windows + I to launch the Settings app, and click on Troubleshoot on the right in the System tab.
- Next, click on Other troubleshooters.
- Locate the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter and click on the Run button next to it.
- Wait for the troubleshooter to diagnose the problem and follow the instructions to eliminate it.
6. Repair the Microsoft Store app
- Press Windows + I to launch the Settings, and select Apps from the tabs listed in the navigation pane on the left.
- Next, click on Apps & features on the right.
- Locate the Microsoft Store entry, click on the ellipsis next to it, and select Advanced options from the menu that pops up.
- Now, locate and click on the Repair button.
Repairing is a quick way of fixing issues with an app. It scans for problems with the app files and replaces the corrupt or problematic ones, checks the Registry entries and the installation files while ensuring that your data and configured settings are not affected.
7. Reset the Microsoft Store app
- Press Windows + I to launch Settings, and select the Apps tab from the navigation pane.
- Click on Apps & features.
- Click on the ellipsis next to the Microsoft Store entry, and select Advanced options from the menu that appears.
- Next, click on the Reset button.
- Again, click Reset on the confirmation prompt that appears.
8. Reinstall the Xbox app from a different source
- Go to the official Xbox website and click on the Download the app button to get it.
- Once the installer is downloaded, double-click on it to launch the setup.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
In many cases, users were able to bypass the Xbox installer stuck the Making things awesome by downloading the app from the official website, instead of the Microsoft Store.
How can I subscribe to Xbox Game Pass?
The Xbox Game Pass offers three plans to users to play over 100 games on their computer and/or console, depending on the subscriptions, with new games regularly added to the platform.
To subscribe, head to the official Xbox website and click on the Join button under the desired plan. Complete the payment and you can start playing from over 100 plus games right away.
We recommend that you first install the Xbox app and once that’s done, subscribe to the Xbox Game Pass. This will ensure that any errors encountered during the installation won’t impact the subscription period
These are the most effective fixes for the Xbox installer stuck at the Making things awesome screen. In case the above methods don’t work, you can reset Windows 11 to its factory settings.
Tell us which fix worked and your experience of the Xbox app in Windows 11, in the comments section below.