Some Xbox One and Xbox One S users encountered an annoying issue after logging in to their Xbox Live accounts. Immediately after the sign in process, the users get signed out and receive an error message There was a problem with the update. Error code: 0x8B05000C 0x00000000 0x00000203. Apparently, this issue usually appears after performing a system update.
A user complained online about this specific issue:
Hi, My Xbox one was updated a couple of weeks ago. It has been working fine since then. Today when I turned it on, it wouldn’t sign me in (it would sign me out as soon as I sign in) and it was offline by default. I went online and was displayed with a message “There was a problem with the update. Error code: 0x8B05000C 0x00000000 0x00000203”.
If you’re dealing with this issue, follow the steps described below.
How can I fix Xbox error 0x8b05000c?
1. Restart your console
- Press the Xbox button on your controller.
- Select Restart console > Restart.
- Check to see if you can now sign in properly.
2. Spam the Try again button
- As soon as you receive the error message after the sign-in attempt, try spamming the Try again button.
- Do it repetitively for some time.
- You should get to sign in eventually.
3. Verify and improve the network connection
Test your network connection using the Xbox test network feature
- Press the Xbox button > open Settings.
- Choose All settings > Network > Network settings.
- Select the Test network connection.
- If everything is running normally, try signing in again.
Improve your internet connection
- Perform a hard reset on your modem/router
- Connect your Xbox to the internet through a wired connection, it tends to be faster and more reliable than Wi-fi connections
- If you notice that your internet is running slower than usual, contact your ISP and inform them about this issue.
4. Reconnect your Xbox Live account to the console
- Press the Xbox button > select System.
- Access Settings > Account > Remove Accounts.
- Choose the account to remove > select Remove.
- Select Close and restart your console.
- Turn off the console from the Xbox Power button of the console.
- Leave the console off for about 10 seconds.
- Turn the console back on.
- Press the Xbox button on your Controller.
- Select Sign in > then choose Add & manage .
- Enter the account login information and check the privacy settings.
- Choose a color for the profile > and then select Next.
- Confirm the gamerpic > choose Next.
- Choose between Save my password or Keep asking for my password.
- How to fix Your network is behind a port-restricted NAT error on Xbox One
- Getting Twitch error 0x20b31181 on Xbox? Here’s the fix
- Your Xbox One headset won’t work? Get the fix here
- If your Xbox One games and apps won’t open, check out these solutions