YouTube app won’t work on Xbox One [FIX]
If the YouTube app won’t launch on your Xbox One, check out this article for a working solution. This issue may manifest in different ways: YouTube won’t launch, the video won’t play when you resume it, an error code may also appear on the screen, and more.
Here’s how one user describes these annoying YouTube app launch issues on the Xbox One:
I use the Xbox One youtube app daily. About a month ago while I was watching a video, my power went out. When it came back on, I went to resume my video and it wouldn’t play. I closed the app and went to my history to replay it but it won’t start. Not from the beginning or from where I left off. […]
Nothing will play and it is just a black screen with the play time at 0:00 no matter how long the video it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Fix: YouTube won’t work on Xbox One
Solution 1 – Launch the YouTube app again
- If the app is available on the Home screen, highlight that tile with your controller but don’t select it
- Press the Menu button on the controller
- If the option to Quit is present, select it. If there is no Quit option, this means that the app is not currently running.
- Launch YouTube again by selecting it from the recently used tiles or from My games & apps.
Solution 2 – Check your Xbox Live account
Make sure that you are the only one signed into Xbox Live. Sign out any other guest accounts and profiles.
Solution 3 – Restart your Xbox One console
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide > go to Settings
- Select Restart console > select Yes to confirm
- Launch the app again
To turn off you console, you can also press and hold the Xbox button for 10 seconds.
Solution 4 – Uninstall and reinstall the YouTube app
If the issue still persists, try uninstalling the YouTube app and then reinstalling it.
- On Home, select My games & apps > select the YouTube app
- Press the Menu button on your controller > select Uninstall
If you’ve come across other solutions to fix this problem, feel free to list the troubleshooting steps in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- YouTube videos pause at start on Windows 10 [Fix]
- Fix: 360-degree YouTube videos not working
- Fix: Microsoft Edge YouTube error on Windows 10
Live streaming is quickly becoming one of the most important ways people use to broadcast themselves online. People use live streaming to cover a wide […]
It isn’t every day that you come across a corrupted memory dump file But when you do, you will rue your luck you did. That […]