Similar to their real-world counterparts, an archive file is a compilation of one or more computer files along with metadata. Their purpose is to collect multiple data files together into a single file for better portability and to occupy less space.
Of course, an archive file is still a computer file, and like all files, deleting them can be rather problematic. This is especially problematic if they are no longer in the Recycle Bin anymore either.
Thus, you will eventually need the help of third-party tools that deal with this type of file.
The Internet is full of such tools, so compiling a list of the best ones seems to be appropriate. This is especially the case if you value a program that is efficient and easy to use.
Kernel ZIP Recovery
Additionally, the simple easy-to-use interface makes it so that you don’t need a tutorial to know what you are doing.
- Can recover selected individual files from the corrupt ZIP archive
- Recovers password-protected ZIP files
- Fixes ZIP files showing CRC and checksum errors
- Need to pay to unlock full functionality
Recover Data for Zip
You can use the Fast Mode for when archive corruption is at a minimum and you need to repair large amounts of data in the least amount of time.
Conversely, if data corruption is pretty severe, you can use Advanced Repair Mode. While it may take longer, it will repair mode data from more damaged archives.
- Features two different repair modes
- Fast repair speeds
- More often than naught you’ll need to go for Advanced repair mode
SysInfo ZIP Recovery
SysInfo ZIP Recovery is a neat archive recovery tool that also comes with a great gimmick: the free version is available as an online service, and you can use it to preview the content of a damaged archive.
This spares you the hassle of having to download and install a free demo only to be disappointed that it doesn’t even work properly.
- It extracts files from corrupted or damaged ZIP archives
- Facilitates support for all ZIP file format such as spanned ZIP files, split ZIP files
- Free ZIP Repair tool is available online to take Preview of recovered files
- The price tag
SysTools Zip Recovery
That is precisely why this program works so well. Not only does it recover archive is a fast and professional manner, but it can do so with archives that are enormous in size as well.
- Repair & recover corrupt, damaged, erroneous zip file data
- Allows to load & preview the files within the zipped folder
- Supports Zip recovery of password-protected zip files
- The free download allows previewing data from a corrupt backup file
Stellar Phoenix Zip Recovery
This makes it an excellent choice for those that have really important data to recover, and given the wide range of supported formats, it is also quite versatile.
- Supports recovery of corrupt Backup files (VHDX, BKF, ZIP, FD)
- Restores all the instance of inaccessible data from the selected backup file
- Saves the scanned output in a .DAT file format for later use
- Mainly used for recovering backup files
Closing thoughts on archive repair tools
Theoretically, if you use a universal file recovery tool it should be able to work on archived content as well.
However, if you’re looking for something more precise and with a higher chance of success, having a tool dedicated to ZIP archives is recommended.
All in all, the entries on this list should get the job done in no time.
RELATED ARTICLES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT: