One of the best ways to protect your Windows 10 device from unauthorized access is to use a password, or better yet – a fingerprint. Unfortunately, few users have reported that fingerprint reader is not working after Windows 10 wakes up from sleep, so let’s fix that.
Fingerprint Reader Doesn’t Work After Sleep On Windows 10
Fix – Windows 10 fingerprint reader not working after sleep
Solution 1 – Check power management settings
If your fingerprint reader isn’t working after you wake up Windows 10 from Sleep Mode, you might want to check its power management settings. To do that, follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.
- When Device Manager opens, locate your fingerprint reader. It should be located in Biometric Devices section.
- Right click your fingerprint reader and choose Properties.
- Navigate to Power Management tab and uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
- Click OK to save changes.
Solution 2 – Disable and enable Credential Manager service
Sometimes problems with fingerprint reader can be fixed if you restart certain services. Users have reported that they have managed to fix this issue by disabling and enabling Credential Manager service, and you can do that as well, if you follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run dialog. Type services.msc and click OK or press Enter.
- When Services window opens, locate Credential Manager service and double click it.
- Credential Manager Properties window will open. Go to Service status section and click on Stop.
- After you’ve stopped the service, click on Start to restart the service.
- Click Apply and OK to save changes.
Solution 3 – Download latest drivers for your fingerprint reader
If fingerprint reader isn’t working after you wake up your computer from sleep, maybe it’s time to perform a driver update. To do that, go to the your laptop manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers.
We also recommend this third-party tool (100% safe and tested by us) to automatically download all the outdated drivers on your PC.
Some users are suggesting that you should remove previously installed drivers before you update them, and you can do that by following these steps:
- Open Device Manager.
- Locate your fingerprint reader and right click it.
- Choose Uninstall from the menu. If available, click on Remove driver software for this device.
You might also want to remove your fingerprint reader software if you’re installing newer version. Speaking of software, few users have confirmed that reinstalling fingerprint software has fixed this issue for them.
Solution 4 – Disable and enable your fingerprint reader
Certain problems with fingerprint reader can be fixed simply by disabling it and enabling it back again. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open Device Manager.
- Locate Biometric Devices section and expand it.
- Find your fingerprint reader, right click it, and choose Disable from the menu.
- Right click the fingerprint reader again, but this time choose Enable.
Solution 5 – Lock your device manually
This is a simple workaround if your fingerprint reader isn’t working after sleep mode. In order to avoid any problems with fingerprint reader, just lock your laptop (by pressing Windows Key + L on your keyboard) before you close the lid. Few users have reported that this method is working for them, so you might want to try it.
Solution 6 – Use Windows Key + L shortcut on lock screen
If your fingerprint reader doesn’t work, you might want to try using Windows Key + L shortcut. Users have reported that using Windows Key + L shortcut on lock screen fixes the problem with fingerprint reader. However, we have to mention that you’ll have to use this shortcut every time you put your computer to sleep. This might not be the most practical solution, but users are reporting that it works.
Although fingerprint reader provides the best security for your Windows 10 device, some problems, such as this one, can occur. If you have any problems with fingerprint reader and sleep mode, feel free to try some of our solutions.