6 Best Speech Therapy Software to Use in 2023
- Speech therapy software is used by both individuals and specialized institutions to keep track of patient progress and share documents across departments
- Our top pick is a solution from PT Billing Solution that will keep track of all aspects of the business, including patient records.
- Another great tool comes from Double Time Docs and it automatically generates results for the Standardized assessment.
- You can also go with a solution from Cedaron Medical that is always updated on legislation and medical norms.
Speech therapy software is used by patients to practice at home in between sessions. It can help them improve their language on their own.
Such digital tools are becoming more commonly accepted these days as legit forms of home practice, maximizing the benefits of speech therapy.
Speech therapy software is becoming increasingly popular because patients are presented with tons of ways to make the most of their practice time.
On the other hand, speech therapy software can help business improve their operational, clinical, and billing functionalities and efficiency.
Such tools help practices, and health centers eliminate all the time-consuming paperwork and improve clinical productivity.
Here are five of the best speech therapy tools that come with extremely useful features for both patients and businesses.
What are the best speech therapy software for your business?
1. PT Practice Pro by PT Billing Solution
This is a fully integrated Practice management program that is explicitly designed for Rehab sciences, and it can provide solutions and growth.
PT Practice Pro is a really evolved practice management software. With this program, you don’t need to manage multiple systems together.
The PT Practice Pro also comes with features including auto-posting ERAs, care plan management, insurance management, patient records, patient scheduling and registration, progress tracking, and practice management.
It is a web-based system that allows patients’ practice to handle documentation, reports, scheduling, and billing.
And it’s especially good with documentation. All the content is filtered by body part for easy access. Also, you can customize all the templates for your business.
Another huge benefit is that Practice Pro automates billing requirements specific to the patient and his or her payment options, including Medicare, Medicaid, Workers Comp, and others.
Practice Pro also fills your appeal forms and exports them as PDF documents for your convenience and it’s the best speech therapy EMR software.
Check out the program’s most important features:
- The software is best used in practices that focus on the Rehabilitation Sciences
- It serves all disciplines from Physical Therapy all the way to Aquatic Therapy
- The program comes with fully customizable documentation
- It provides scheduling features that allow doctors and staff members to schedule appointments
- PT Practice Pro has an easy-to-use interface
- It is one of the most robust and reliable systems in today’s market
2. Double Time Docs
Double Time Docs is occupational therapy software that mainly serves Pediatric Speech-Language Specialists as well as individuals, private clinics, and schools.
It includes features such as progress tracking, assessment management, and patient records.
They currently have a couple of school and clinic-based versions that help you achieve documentation consistency among your SLP, OT, or PT teams.
The pricing starts at 5$ per month for individuals that will give you access to create, edit, and download your documents. For large teams, you will have to contact them to get a customized pricing quote.
The automatically generated result for the Standardized assessment is a huge time saver and one of the most utilized options of the app.
It actually takes about 3 hours to complete such evaluation, but the software will reduce that time to minutes.
And it will even reduce common errors like incorrect names or pronouns inherent when creating such a document.
Let’s take a look at some of its best features:
- Will drastically reduce the number of common errors in the reports
- Documentation consistency among SLP, OT, or PT teams in a school or clinic
- Utilize DTD as a teaching tool for new SLP, OT, and PT graduates
- Helps you address all aspects of your student with the comprehensive questions and format provided
3. CONNECT by Cedaron Medical
This is an occupational and speech therapy practice management system that comes with CPT codes, libraries of diagnosis, and assessment tools.
The tool comes with integration with hospital HER, billing and patient permanent medical records.
You can use this tool specifically for rehab with lots of features for the physical, occupational, and speech therapists as well without having any issues communicating with the central hospital system.
The automated processes will save therapists and administrators lots of time with the paperwork.
CONNECT is one of the best on-premise practice management solutions for rehabilitative practices of all sizes and it’s also a great speech therapy software for adults.
The modules in this solution incorporate all the requirements for each specialty so you can customize workflows and access an increasing library of tests, tools, and measures.
Cedaron’s CONNECT aims to maximize efficiency and it’s always updated on legislation and compliance. Of course, that will lead to profits increase of your business.
Take a look at this tool’s essential features:
- It focuses on methods that provide medical services including physical therapy speech therapy, and occupational medicine
- APTA Connect is built around an Electronic Medical Records app that offers procedure workflows, a patient portal, and tablet support
- Entering patients’ data via point-and-click drop-down menus is effortless
- The tool comes with a scheduling module that allows you to view schedules by the clinic, therapist, or clinician
- APTA Connect comes with a picture archiving system
- Users can upload and store any type of documents or images from a patient’s medical record
- The system also includes a full library of diagnosis codes
4. Mercury Medical by CrisSoft
This is a modular medical solution that offers credential management, patient record management, appointment scheduling, and claims to process.
This solution comes with a table-driven interface to meet operational designations for any RCM process including CMS 1500 and UB04 claim requirements.
This is an excellent solution for billing companies that are looking for a reliable and proven professional Accounts Receivable solution that drastically reduces processing times, shortens payment cycles, and increases cash flow.
Mercury Medical is a practice management solution ideal for a variety of specialties and practices provided on SaaS or On-Site.
It comes with business-intelligent reporting that can offer information to negotiate contract terms and ensure compliance
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
The interface of this system seamlessly integrates with electronic clinical systems so that the implementation is easy and flawless.
It also comes with a great support team that will help you deal with any integration efforts along the way. It integrates well with stroke speech therapy software.
Take a look at the most impressive features of this system:
- It allows users to customize solutions with an easy interface
- Mercury Medical has 63 reports that are configured with filters and that provide data analytics
- It lets users supplement business decisions
- Users can also manage bundled payments
- The program is entirely HIPAA compliant
5. ReDoc powered by xfit Software
ReDoc powered by xfit Software is a cloud-based rehab therapy documentation, scheduling and practice management software.
This is a fully integrated solution from Net Health, and it drives PT, OT, and SLP workflow that helps practices move through the day quickly and efficiently.
Besides software, more services are available such as the one for billing and collections and workflow optimization consulting.
This program will turn out to be all you need for scheduling, billing and electronic medical records.
The software comes with options such as integrated fax management, appointment reminders, and an integrated home exercise program.
It also features an excellent infrastructure for communication and issue resolution that will help you in any possible situation.
Moreover, ReDoc is easily adaptable to your business and very simple to operate across all your departments.
Here are the best features of this software:
- It ensures compliance and boosts efficiency
- It supplies enough tools to grow the revenue
- It provides users access to over eleven million therapy episodes of care
- The program is straightforward to use and very functional
- Flexible and adaptable to your clinic procedures
- The program gets regular updates and security measures
- This solution includes functional assessments and configurable workflow
6. Optima Therapy by Optima Healthcare Solutions
Optima Therapy by Optima Healthcare Solutions offers streamlined workflows and compliance tools to improve clinical, operational, and billing efficiencies.
This cloud-based solution provides electronic medical records, patient scheduling, and billing to speech therapy, physical therapy, and rehabilitation practices. It is ideal for practices of all sizes.
Overall, Optima Therapy is the leading therapy management solution for contract therapy businesses and skilled nursing facilities as well.
It comes with integration with more than thirty software systems, and it will help your business thrive, and your patients get the best care.
The system is easy to deploy, and it comes with customizable and secure functionalities. It’s continuously updated in order to comply with regulatory requirements.
Optima Therapy includes integration with software such as MatrixCare, PointClickCare, and HealthMEDX.
You can use the tool to manage billings, denials and appeals, eligibility, invoicing, and e-signatures that will get you through the necessary paperwork.
Check out its essential features below:
- It provides case management features
- You can use this program to set up therapy plans based on various disciplines and diagnosis codes.
- It comes with automated scheduling tools
- The system includes configurable calendar views
- It provides capacity alerts for therapists
- You can enter therapy notes while you are offline and they will be synced once you go online
- The business intelligence module offers reporting and role-based dashboards
- Users can access features using Android, iOS and Windows devices
Here is where our roundup of the best services for speech therapy comes to an end. Each solution presented above comes with its unique set of features targeted at different needs and clients.
Analyze them all and choose the one that seems the best suited for your needs and for increasing your medical business efficiency and productivity and for helping your patients.
Select the best medical care software
All these software solutions provide the most necessary tools to run your practice and to help you deliver the best quality medical care.
Speech therapy software and services also help you communicate better with compliant documentation and boost workflow and efficiency between the financial and the clinical side of your practice.
If you’re in charge of the clinic’s documentation department, whether you’re dealing with 3 or 10 departments, you will need to take some important factors when choosing the software.
Assess the level of paperwork needed for each department
The software addressed in our article is focused on speech therapy and language training but you can use it in many other departments and practices.
The first step is to find out exactly what papers the clinicians need to fill and any other compliance documents and then fit the software accordingly.
Ensure security and a proper back-up system
The medical business, any healthcare business is in danger of disclosing or losing patient data and that is a liability problem with rather catastrophic consequences for your business.
Make sure that the software you’re implementing across your business is perfectly safe or secure it with backup systems and malware protection.
Pick the best level of assistance
When you decide on a software solution for your business, make sure that you will have all the assistance necessary to implement and support it within your practice.
Whether you have a capable IT department or not, there are issues that can only be solved by the developer of the software. That goes also for updating the system.
That concludes our guide and list with the best speech therapy apps for Windowse that will help your business.
If you’re also interested in tools designed specifically for clinicians, you can also check our speech therapy/language training software for Windows list.
Do you have any other suggestions that might fit our selection? Let us know in the comments section below.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.