- Speech therapy software is used by both individuals and specialized institutions to keep track of patient progress and share documents across departments
- Our top list will help you pick the best speech therapy software available right now
- A specialized form filling software will help you streamline and fasten the process of form completion
- Check our Business Hub for more top lists
Speech therapy software is used by patients to practice at home in between sessions. It can help them improve their language on their own. Such digital tools are becoming more commonly accepted these days as legit forms of home practice, maximizing the benefits of speech therapy.
Speech therapy software is becoming increasingly popular because patients are presented with tons of ways to make the most of their practice time.
On the other hand,speech therapy software can help business improve their operational, clinical and billing functionalities and efficiency. Such tools help practices, and health centers eliminate all the time-consuming paperwork and improve the clinical productivity.
Here are five of the best speech therapy tools that come with extremely useful features for both patients and businesses.
6 speech therapy software to improve sound articulation
1. PT Practice Pro by PT Billing Solution
This is a fully-integrated Practice management program that is explicitly designed for Rehab sciences, and it can provide solutions and growth. PT Practice Pro is a really evolved practice management software.
It is a web-based system that allows patients’ practice to handle documentation, reports, scheduling, and billing. Check out the program’s most important features:
- The software is best used in practices that focus on the Rehabilitation Sciences.
- It serves all disciplines from Physical Therapy all the way to Aquatic Therapy.
- The program comes with fully customizable documentation.
- It provides scheduling features that allow doctors and staff members to schedule appointments.
- PT Practice Pro has an easy-to-use interface.
- It is one of the most robust and reliable systems on today’s market.
With this program, you don’t need to manage multiple systems together. The PT Practice Pro also comes with features including auto posting ERAs, care plan management, insurance management, patient records, patient scheduling and registration, progress tracking, and practice management.
2. Double Time Docs
Double Time Docs is occupational therapy software that mainly serves Pediatric Speech Language Specialists as well as individuals, private clinics, and schools.
It includes features such as progress tracking, assessment management, and patient records.
They currently have a couple of school and clinic-based versions that help you achieve documentation consistency among your SLP, OT, or PT teams.
The pricing starts at 5$ per month for individuals that will give you access to create, edit, and download your documents. For large teams, you will have to contact them to get a customized pricing quote.
The automatically generated results for the Standardised assessment is a huge time saver and one of the most utilized options of the app.
3. APTA Connect by Cedaron Medical
This is an occupational and speech therapy practice management system that comes with CPT codes, libraries of diagnosis and assessment tools. APTA Connect is one of the best on-premise practice management solutions for rehabilitative practices of all sizes. Take a look at this tool’s essential features:
- It focuses on methods that provide medical services including physical therapy speech therapy, and occupational medicine.
- APTA Connect is built around an Electronic Medical Records app that offers procedure workflows, a patient portal, and tablet support.
- Entering patients’ data via point-and-click drop-down menus is effortless.
- The tool comes with a scheduling module that allows you to view schedules by the clinic, therapist or clinician.
- APTA Connect comes with a picture archiving system.
- Users can upload and store any types of documents or images from a patient’s medical record.
- The system also includes a full library of diagnosis codes.
The tool comes with integration with hospital HER, billing and patient permanent medical records. You can use this tool specifically for rehab with lots of features for the physical, occupational and speech therapists as well without having any issues communicating with the central hospital system. The automated processes will save therapists and administrators lots of time.
4. Mercury Medical by CrisSoft
This is a modular medical solution that offers credential management, patient record management, appointment scheduling and claims processing. Mercury Medical is a practice management solution ideal for a variety of specialties and practices provided on SaaS or On-Site. Take a look at the most impressive features of this system:
- It allows users to customize solutions with an easy interface.
- Mercury Medical has 63 reports that are configured with filters and that provide data analytics.
- It lets users supplement business decisions.
- It comes with business-intelligent reporting that can offer information to negotiate contract terms and ensure compliance.
- The interface of this system integrates with electronic clinical systems.
- Users can also manage bundled payments.
- The program is entirely HIPAA compliant.
This solution comes with a table-driven interface to meet operational designations for any RCM process including CMS 1500 and UB04 claim requirements. This is an excellent solution for billing companies that are looking for a reliable and proven professional Accounts Receivable solution that drastically reduces processing times, shortens payment cycles and increases cash flow.
Editor’s Note: This article continues on the next page. If you’re interested in other speech and language software, check out our wide collection of guides.
Frequently Asked Questions
We recommend PT Practice Pro as the best app for speech therapy.
Speech therapy for articulation can start with children as early as 3 years old.
Yes, it works, but it is a long and ongoing process that requires patience from your side, going to a speech therapist will increase the likelihood of improvement.