Full Fix: Access denied error code 16 on Windows 10, 8.1, 7
Sometimes you might encounter Access denied error code 16 in your browser. This message will prevent you from accessing certain websites, and in this article we’ll show you how to fix it on your Windows 10 PC.
According to users, Access denied error code 16 can prevent you from accessing certain websites, and speaking of this error, here are some related issues that users reported:
- Incapsula access denied error code 16 – This error usually occurs if your ISP blocks Inacpsula. However, you can fix this issue simply by using a good VPN.
- Error code 16 website, Chrome – Many users reported this issue while trying to access certain websites, and the problem was their antivirus. Simply disable your antivirus and check if the problem is still there.
- Error code 16 this request was blocked by the security rules Chrome – Sometimes this issue can occur due to your browser settings. If that’s the case, try resetting your browser to the default or switch to a different browser.
Access denied error code 16, how to fix it?
- Check your antivirus
- Try accessing the website from other devices
- Try using a VPN
- Install the latest updates
- Try using Safe Mode
- Perform a Clean boot
- Contact your ISP
Solution 1 – Check your antivirus
According to users, Access denied error code 16 can sometimes appear due to your antivirus. Having a good antivirus is important if you want to protect your PC from malware, but sometimes your antivirus can cause this error to appear.
If this happens, it’s advised to check your antivirus settings and try disabling certain features. In some cases, you might even have to disable your antivirus altogether. Sometimes the problem might still be there even if you disable your antivirus. If that’s so, your next step would be to uninstall your antivirus.
Many users reported this issue with Avast and AVG, but the problem can occur with other antivirus applications. Once you remove your antivirus, check if the problem is still there. If removing the antivirus solves the problem, this might be a perfect time for you to consider switching to a different antivirus.
Bitdefender offers great protection, and it won’t interfere with your system in any way, so it should be a perfect replacement. Now you have enforced scanning-engine in your arsenal and lots of security innovations in the 2019 version.
Solution 2 – Try accessing the website from other devices
If you keep getting Access denied error code 16 while trying to access a certain website from your PC, the problem might be your configuration. Sometimes your PC might not be configured properly or an application might be interfering with your Internet connection.
To check if your PC is the problem, try using a different device in your network to access the website. If the problem doesn’t appear with a different device, it’s almost certain that your PC’s configuration or a third-party application is causing the problem.
This isn’t the best solution, but it should provide you with a decent start in terms of troubleshooting.
Solution 3 – Try using a VPN
Sometimes you might encounter Access denied error code 16 if your ISP is blocking the website you’re trying to visit. This can be an annoying problem, and if this happens, your best option would be to use a VPN.
By using a VPN, you’ll basically hide your IP address from your ISP and you’ll be able to access any website. This also applies to geoblocked content. In addition to being able to access any website that is blocked by your ISP, you’ll hide your identity online and get an additional layer of privacy.
Having a good VPN is important, and if you want to protect your privacy online, we suggest trying CyberGhost VPN. Many users reported that this problem was resolved after using a VPN, so be sure to try it. It will hide your IP, will give you access to lots of sites and will keep your personal data safe from prompt web attacks.
Solution 4 – Install the latest updates
Sometimes Access denied error code 16 can appear due to certain issues in Windows 10. Windows 10 is a solid operating system but glitches and bugs can appear once in a while, and the best way to deal with them is to keep your system up to date.
Windows 10 usually downloads the missing updates automatically, but sometimes issues can occur and prevent the updates from downloading. However, you can always check for updates manually by doing the following:
- Open the Settings app. The fastest way to do that is to use Windows Key + I.
- After the Settings app opens, navigate to the Update & Security section.
- Click Check for updates button in the right pane.
Windows will now check for updates and download them in the background. Once the updates are downloaded, simply restart your PC to install them. Once your system is up to date, check if the problem is still there.
Solution 5 – Try using a different web browser
Sometimes Access denied error code 16 can be related to your browser and its settings. To check if your browser is the problem, we advise accessing the website with a different browser. Microsoft Edge might be a good choice, but if the problem is related to your system, it’s rather likely that the issue will manifest itself in Edge as well.
Therefore it might be better to use a third-party browser such as Firefox or Opera in order to troubleshoot this issue. If the issue doesn’t appear in these browsers, it’s rather likely that your browser configuration is causing this error, so you might want to adjust your settings or reset your browser.
Solution 6 – Try using Safe Mode
If you still have Access denied error code 16 error on your PC, it’s possible that the issue is related to one or more settings on your PC. If that’s the case, you might be able to solve the problem simply by using the Safe Mode.
In case you don’t know, Safe Mode is a special segment of Windows that runs with default settings, so it’s perfect for troubleshooting various issues. To access Safe Mode, you just need to do the following:
- Open the Settings app and head over to the Update & Security section.
- Pick Recovery from the left pane and in the right pane click the Restart now button.
- Now select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings. After doing that, click the Restart button.
- After your PC restarts, you should see a list of options. Select the desired version of Safe Mode by pressing the appropriate keyboard key.
Once you enter Safe Mode, check if the problem is still there. If the issue doesn’t appear in Safe Mode, it’s possible that the issue is related to your PC settings, so you can start troubleshooting the issue.
Solution 7 – Perform a Clean boot
Sometimes Access denied error code 16 can appear due to third-party applications on your PC. Many applications and services tend to start automatically with Windows, thus causing the problem to appear as soon as Windows starts.
To fix this problem, it’s advised to disable all startup applications in a process called clean boot. To do that, just follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + R. When the Run dialog opens, enter msconfig and click OK or press Enter.
- System Configuration window will now appear. Head over to the Services tab and check Hide all Microsoft services option. Now click the Disable all button.
- Navigate to the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
- Once the Task Manager starts, you should see a list of all startup applications. Right-click the first entry on the list and choose Disable from the menu. Repeat this step until you disable all startup applications.
- After you disable all startup applications, navigate back to the System Configuration window. Click Apply and OK to save changes and restart your PC.
Once your PC restarts, check if the problem is still there. If the problem doesn’t appear anymore, it’s certain that one of the disabled applications was causing the problem. To fix the issue, you need to enable all disabled applications one by one or in groups until the issue reappears.
Once you find the problematic application, it’s advised to remove it from your PC. The best way to do that is to use uninstaller software such as Revo Uninstaller.
Sometimes removed applications can leave certain files and registry entries behind even if you remove them, and in order to completely remove the desired application, it’s advised to use uninstaller software.
Solution 8 – Contact your ISP
If the Access denied error code 16 message is still present, it’s possible that your ISP is the problem. Some ISPs block certain websites, and if you tried all the previous solutions, perhaps you should contact your ISP and ask them if they can look into this issue.
Access denied error code 16 can prevent you from accessing your favorite websites, and if you encounter this problem, be sure to try some of our solutions. In most cases, you can fix the problem simply by using a good VPN.
- Fix: “The remote connection was denied” in Windows 10
- “Error 5: Access is denied” software installation error in Windows [FIX]
- How to fix error 0x80070005 ‘Access is denied’
Microsoft PowerPoint presentations usually contain important, sometimes classified, documents. Hence, most people tend to password-protect such documents against unauthorized access. However, what happens if you […]
The reception desk is the face and voice of any organization. An automated receptionist software simplifies the entire process of visitor management. Whether it’s the customer, […]
Whether you use web-based email services or desktop email clients to manage your account, emails are used for business and personal communication by almost everyone. […]