Microsoft Edge is a web browser developed by Microsoft, and it was first released for Windows in 2015.
It comes as the default web browser on Windows 10, and it’s imagined as a replacement for Internet Explorer 11, with a variety of improvements for users.
How can I use the Microsoft Edge browser?
1. How to use Microsoft Edge
- To open Microsoft Edge, just click it’s pinned icon on the Taskbar.
- Alternatively, just open the Start Menu, type Microsoft Edge, and select it from the list of results.
- Once Microsoft Edge starts, you use the address bar on the top to enter the desired website or a search query.
- To open new tabs, click the plus icon next to the tab name, or use the Ctrl + T shortcut.
Microsoft Edge works just like any other web browser, so you won’t have any issues adjusting to it. Refer to the above steps in that regard.
2. Differences between Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer
Microsoft Edge is a newer browser, and it comes with a new flat design and user interface that looks modern and minimalistic.
Edge also has support for various extensions that enhance its functionality. Additional features include Cortana integration, Reading Mode, Web Note, and easy link sharing.
3. Delete Microsoft Edge from Windows 10
- Press Windows Key + X and choose Windows PowerShell (Admin) from the menu.
- Run get-appxpackage *edge* command.
- Look for PackageFullName Select it and press Ctrl + C copy it.
- Now type remove-appxpackage followed by PackageFullName The command should look like this:
It’s possible to delete Microsoft Edge by using PowerShell. To do that, follow the above procedure.
Bear in mind that the PackageFullName value will be change alongside the version of Edge you’re using.
You should also know that Microsoft Edge is a core component of Windows 10, and by removing it you might encounter certain issues.
4. How to find Microsoft Edge downloads
By default, all Microsoft Edge downloads are stored in the Downloads directory on your PC. The file path to this directory is the following:
Common issues and how to easily address them
- FIX: Microsoft Edge not working in Windows 10
- How to fix blue screen in Microsoft Edge browser
- Full Fix: Microsoft Edge Certificate error navigation blocked
- What to do if Microsoft Edge keeps freezing
- FIX: Can’t print from Edge in Windows 10
Although Microsoft Edge is a great browser, it has its share of issues. To see how to fix them for good, be sure to visit our Edge Troubleshooting section.
Moreover, feel free to bookmark this Microsoft Edge Hub for further reference.