- Some users might encounter some issues when they try downloading Adobe InDesign via the Creative Cloud.
- This page includes some potential resolutions for Adobe InDesign download issues.
- Check out our Troubleshooting section to browse through other troubleshooting articles for a wide variety of software.
- You can also browse through articles for other graphic design software at our Graphic & Design hub.
Adobe InDesign is one of the applications users can download and install with the Adobe Creative Cloud app.
However, some users have posted on Adobe’s support forum about numerous InDesign trial download issues. Consequently, those users can’t download InDesign with Creative Cloud.
How can I fix Adobe InDesign trial download errors?
1. Download Adobe InDesign using a direct download link
Adobe InDesign is one of the foremost desktop publishing and graphic design packages for Windows 10. With it, you can set up brochures, newspapers, e-books, presentations, flyers, and many other types of documents.
The latest 16.0 version of Adobe InDesign includes some great new features. It incorporates a new set of reviews (annotation tools), navigation points in its media panel, and Adobe Sensei subject detection for wrapping text around objects.
Other useful features of Adobe InDesign
- Color search tool
- Professional layout and typesetting tools
- Includes a multitude of Adobe Stock design templates
- InDesign’s Content-Aware Fit tool centers the most essential image parts within the frame
So, don’t give up on downloading Adobe InDesign when you can’t download it!
Try downloading InDesign with its direct download link instead of the Creative Cloud app.
Use this amazing software to create astonishing great quality work that will never disappoint.
2. Reinstall Adobe Creative Cloud
- Open the Uninstall Creative Cloud app webpage in a browser.
- Click the Get File button there to download the ZIP file for the uninstaller.
- Double-click the downloaded ZIP file in File Explorer.
- Select the Compressed Folder Tools tab.
- Press the Extract all button.
- Click Extract on the Extract Compressed window.
- Open the Creative Cloud Uninstaller.exe from its extracted folder.
- First, you could try clicking Repair to see if that option might resolve the download issue.
- Click Uninstall to remove Creative Cloud.
- Thereafter, restart Windows before reinstalling Creative Cloud.
- Open the Creative Cloud webpage to download it from there.
- Then reinstall Creative Cloud with its downloaded installer.
3. Disable third-party antivirus software
Then select a disable shield option on its context menu to temporarily turn off the antivirus utility for a few hours. Thereafter, download InDesign with the antivirus utility disabled.
4. Temporarily turn off the Windows firewall
- Press the Type here to search button on the far left of Windows 10’s taskbar.
- Type firewall in the search box.
- Click Windows Defender Firewall to open the Control Panel applet for it.
- Click Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off to open the settings shown within the shot directly below.
- Select both Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall options, and click OK to exit Customize Settings.
5. Download Adobe InDesign in Safe Mode
- Click the Start button to open its menu.
- Press the Power button.
- Click Restart whilst pressing the Shift key down. Thereafter, your desktop or laptop should restart at a blue Choose an option menu.
- Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options to open further options.
- Then select Startup Settings and the Restart option.
- When your PC has restarted at the Startup Settings menu, press the F5 key to select Enable Safe Mode with Networking option.
- Thereafter, try downloading Adobe InDesign when in Safe Mode.
6. Clean boot Windows
- Right-click Windows 10’s Start button to select Run on the menu that opens.
- Type msconfig in Run and click OK to open the MSConfig window.
- On the General tab, click Selective Startup to select the Load system services and Use original boot configuration settings.
- Deselect the Load startup items checkbox.
- Select the Hide all Microsoft services setting on MSConfig’s Services tab.
- Then click Disable all to remove third-party services from the Windows startup.
- Click Apply > OK to save settings and exit.
- Press the Restart button.
Those potential resolutions can feasibly fix numerous Adobe InDesign download issues.
Note that InDesign might also fail to download in the event of Adobe Creative Cloud server outages, which you can check for at Downdetector.
Frequently Asked Questions
The reason for this happening can be varied, but this guide will surely help you resolve it once and for all.
If InDesign won’t stop crashing, it is most likely a problem caused by a faulty or missing plugin.
Yes, you can. Even though you won’t have the same capabilities, you can edit InDesign files by using the software presented in this thorough guide.