The Amazon Fire Stick is a great device for downloading apps and streaming shows and music. However, like any storage device, the Fire Stick has its limits.
Many users received the “critically low on storage” message even though they cleared the cache and data.
The next day, the Amazon Fire Stick is full again. Also, the storage requirements of the apps are too small to fill up the entire device.
This is a major issue for the users and today we will show you what to do to get the storage memory back in the Amazon Fire Stick.
How can I free up space on Amazon Fire Stick?
Reset the device
If you encounter the “critically low on storage message”, you need to reset the Amazon Fire Stick.
- Go into the Settings in your Firestick home screen.
- Go to the right and click on the System section.
- Scroll down to find and click on Reset to Factory Defaults.
- You will be warned with the following message: You are about to reset your Fire TV to its original factory settings. Your sign-in information and personal preferences will be lost.
- Click on the Reset button.
Keep in mind that this method will erase your data from your device. Create a backup to keep your important information.
As you can see, the only safe way to solve the issue is to reset the Amazon Fire Stick. However, not all people want to lose their data and apps.
Reinstalling your favorite apps is tedious work. So, not all users want to go to the reset to factory settings process.
If you don’t want to reset to default, check if your device has more than one profile. Leave only one profile and see if you fixed the problem.
Also, your device might be old and the storage space is limited for the data of today’s apps. In this case, buy a recent version of Amazon Fire Stick.
If nothing works, please contact Amazon‘s support for a more specific solution. Your problem might require a more technical solution.
Did our solution work for you? Did you find another way to create space in your Amazon Fire Stick? Do let us know in the comments section below!
RELATED ARTICLES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Full Fix: Amazon Assistant keeps installing on Windows 10
- 7 best VPN software for Amazon Prime
- Netflix Site Error: Quick solutions to resolve it in no time