- Anime/animation software is the best solution to bring your characters to life with interactive videos.
- If you are a professional in graphic design you definitely need an anime maker app for PC.
- Adobe Anime, for instance, is one of the best know applications in this category.
- Even if you're new to this and don't know how to make anime/animation, Adobe comes with many tutorials.
If you love anime movies and you’re planning to create animes yourself, you’ll need a dedicated animation software.
Fortunately, there are many animation tools that offer you a variety of features that come in very handy when creating this type of animation.
Most of them, as you’ll see from the list below, will allow you not just to learn the art of animes, but also to enhance your creations with rich effects and lots of customizations.
So check out this list of the best anime software you can find on the market today.
What anime/animation software can I find online?
In the case of animation in general, be it cartoons or anime, few tools can come closer to the level of professionalism brought by Adobe Animate.
This neat tool lets you design interactive animations for games, TV shows, and the web, so plain old animation that you only watch is no longer the limit.
This tool now lets you bring cartoons and banner ads to life, create animated doodles and avatars, and add action to eLearning content and infographics.
Once your anime masterpiece is done, you can also use the tool to publish your artworks on multiple platforms in just about any format, and reach viewers on any screen.
- Frequent updates
- Cross-platform publishing capabilities
- Full range of animation and character design tools
- Familiar interface style for those used to Adobe products
- Brush library that can be enriched with third-party brushes
- A community that provides regular guides, tutorials, and other neat tips and tricks
Adobe AnimateSketch, draw and create captivating characters and bring them to life with Adobe’s easy-to-use, next-gen tool.
A recent trend in anime that’s been around for a few years is to make cell-shaded 3D animations.
These are much easier to handle once character design is complete since you no longer have to waste time figuring out how to draw them by hand in all possible angles.
That is why a 3D animation tool can be extremely handy, and if you get one as professional as Autodesk 3ds Max, then you are on the right foot.
The great thing about Autodesk 3ds Max is that it is not a unidirectional tool. Once you subscribe to it, you can use it to do pretty much anything where you may require both 3D modeling and animation.
This includes anime, 3D feature-length films, video games, and video game cutscenes, etc.
- Frequently updated
- Familiar interface for those that use AutoDesk products
- Detailed hair and texture design
- VR support
- Refined shape modeling
All things considered, even if you end up deciding using another tool for creating anime, never forget how versatile Autodesk 3ds Max.
Now that you have it, you can always use it again in case inspiration leads you down another path other than anime.
Maya is a powerful animation software that allows you to create 3D anime. If attention to detail is one of your strong points as an animator, then this is the right tool for you.
Here are some of Maya’s key features:
- Interactive grooming workflow: With the help of these easy to use brush-based grooming tools you can control your characters’ styling, posing, hair, and fur.
- After Effects live link: You can connect Maya and Adobe After Effects in real-time and operate changes on your characters’ appearance.
- Advanced dynamics and effects: This feature allows you to generate complex environments with high-level details. For example, you can create atmospheric effects such as smoke and mist, render photorealistic liquids, and more.
- Cutting edge sculpting toolset that lets users sculpt and shape characters more artistically and intuitively.
Do you want to see Maya in action? Check out the video below to see how you can use the tool to create anime:
You can try Maya for free for 30 days from the official website.
DP Animation Maker is the perfect tool to bring your anime to life on screen with just a few clicks. You can add special effects and also fine-tune them from settings.
The software toolset includes the following powerful instruments:
- Smart Animation Brushes allow you to paint over a still image turning a picture of water, fire, or light into real-time animation.
- Morphing/Deformation Brushes make stars spin, plants wave, ships sail and many other cool movements with little effort.
- Library of Ready-to-Use Animations
- Automatic Looped Video Generation
The program was not built for creating cartoon animations, but it is great for making quick animations from pre-existing elements.
Here’s what you can create with DP Animation Maker:
- Animated Backgrounds
- Animated introductions for games
- Animated videos
- Animated pictures for multimedia products
- Music videos
- YouTube videos
With DP Animation Maker you can create seamless animations automatically.
Moho is one of the best animation software that you can use to create Japanese-style anime. Whether you’re an experienced animator or a complete beginner, this tool will make the creation process easier.
The software comes in two versions: Moho Debut and Moho Professional, which brings a bevy of advanced features allowing to create stunning anime. Both versions successfully mix traditional animation tools with modern, cutting edge animation features.
The latest version of the software improves Smart Bones, the feature that allows users to control character movement and facial expressions.
Distortion around your character’s joints has been significantly reduced, and you can control facial expressions and head-turning with simple dial movements, so you no longer need to touch each bone point. This makes it much easier to repeat complex movements, allowing you to complete your animation work faster.
We’ll end our list here. Have you encountered any other worth-mentioning anime software to create amazing videos? Feel free to share it in the comments box.