5 best anti-cheating software for fair gameplay
If you enjoy playing online games, then you must have encountered players who use cheating to sabotage fair game-play. Today, we have come up with five best anti cheating software which you can use.
Online game cheating takes various forms and designs most especially in multiplayer online games. Some players use various third-party tools and software to gain an unfair advantage over their opponents.
However, anti cheating software prevents online game players from using any tools and techniques to cheat in online games. These programs run securely on your Windows PC and prevent game exploits due to vulnerabilities.
We have compiled the best anti cheating software which you can use on your Windows PC.
Anti cheating software to block game cheats for good
Valve Anti-Cheat (VAC)
Valve Anti-Cheat (VAC) is a popular anti cheating software. This software was developed by Valve Corporation in 2002 as an element of the Steam platform. Detected cheats leads to player ban and additional restrictions from the game.
Some of the features of VAC include:
- Detects errors in system’s memory or hardware
- Notifies players’ after detecting cheats
- Prevents banned players from sharing video game library or trading their game inventory
- Banned players face additional restrictions on Steam
- Banned users cannot contribute to new translations of steam.
VAC anti cheating software is compatible on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 OS. You can download VAC here.
This anti cheating software was developed by INCA Internet. In addition to preventing cheating on online games, you can also block malwares. nProtect GameGuard (sometimes called GG uses rootkits to prevent cheat programs from running. Other features of GG include:
- Monitors changes in PC’s memory
- Auto-Update feature
- Comes with antivirus/antispyware capacity
- Comes with antikeylogging software i.e. nProtect Key Crypt
However, one of the downside of this software is that; while nProtect GameGuard is running, you cannot install or activate eternal peripherals such as mouse. Meanwhile, nProtect Game Guard can be downloaded here.
- Read Also: 5 of the best flight simulator games for PC
Another anti cheating software which you can also use is PunkBuster. PunkBuster was developed by Even Balance, Inc. This software prevents violation of online gaming activities. This program scans the PC’s memory and once it detects cheats, it bans the PC from accessing the server.
Some of the features of Punk Buster include:
- Real time memory scan
- Auto-update system to provide latest updates
- Optional “bad name” feature which prevents offensive player names
- PunkBuster Admins can manually remove players from the game
- The PunkBuster Servers comes with built-in HTTP web server which enables game server to be accessible via a web browser
- The PunkBuster hardware bans which prevents specific hardware from running during online gaming activity
However, PunkBuster is Windows-friendly. You can run it on Windows OS such as Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. You can download PunkBuster here.
BattlEye (BE) was developed, by Bastian Suter in October 2004. This anti cheating software is a user-friendly program which has small system requirements such as RAM, CPU, and network bandwidth. However, BattlEye (BE) comes with the game files. It is not necessary to download it.
Some of the features of BattlEye (BE) include:
- Proactive cheat detection system
- Secure global banning system
- Dynamic PC scanning in both user and kernel modes
- Secure auto-update system
- Customized solutions for supported games
Get more information about BattlEye here
HackShield was developed in 2001 by AhnLab Inc. Popular games such as Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies, MapleStory, Mabinogi, War Rock, Kal Online, Ace Online, Combat Arms, and Dragonica utilizes HackShield. The aim of this program was to enable game developers prevent cheating on MMO or online games.
This anti cheating software run securely on your Windows PC and prevent game exploits caused by game vulnerabilities Meanwhile, HackShield is regularly updated making it a relevant anti cheating software.
In conclusion, these were five best anti cheating software for your Windows PC. Do share with us your experience while using any of the above named anti cheating software. Comment below if you have any question.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to fix EasyAntiCheat error messages in Ubisoft games
- Denuvo causes Dishonored 2 to load slowly, users complain
- 5 best antivirus for gaming PCs
Firefox has announced that it will start to warn users if they visit any breached sites. This is in an attempt to not only make […]
Oh dear. It’s been a pretty bad month for Microsoft concerning its Windows 10 October 1809 Update release. Microsoft eventually released the update a couple […]
Yesterday, Microsoft released Visual Studio 15.9. With it came the announcement that “developers now have the officially supported SDK and tools for creating 64-bit ARM […]