- Several users have reported facing AOL service errors.
- This error happens because of server issues, an unstable internet connection, or an outdated/incompatible browser.
- Following the solutions mentioned in this guide, you would probably be able to fix the AOL service error.
Well, this is the reason why many make use of AOL email services. With time, AOL has received multiple features.
However, thanks to heavy outgoing and incoming email via its servers, AOL often irks its users with problems, one of which is the AOL service error.
AOL users have reported that they come across this service error when trying to use one of the AOL features.
Thankfully, in this guide, we will explain to you how you can fix the AOL service error. Let us check it out.
What triggers the AOL service error?
This AOL service error can pop up for multiple reasons. For instance, it could be triggered because of a poor internet connection.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
Since internet connection is the most crucial thing for AOL to function, you should have a fast and stable internet connection to avoid such issues.
It could also be triggered by entering the wrong credentials, i.e., email ID or password. Server issues have also been one of the main reasons why users have reported experiencing this issue.
Other reasons that might cause AOL service error is using an incompatible browser, etc.
If you feel like struggling too much trying to repair AOL service, you can confidently choose another effective email software.
For example, Mailbird is a user-friendly email platform that will manage multiple email accounts and simplify your work with integrated apps.
How can I fix the AOL service error?
1. Check AOL servers
If the official servers are down, then there is nothing much you can do apart from waiting for the servers to get fixed. However, till that time, you can make use of other services.
2. Update your browser
- Open the browser.
- Click on the 3-dot icon.
- Select Settings.
- From the right pane, select About Chrome.
- Chrome will automatically search for a new update and, if found one, will prompt you to restart your browser to install the update.
3. Fix problems when receiving mail
Here are some troubleshooting tips that can help you fix the problems when receiving emails on AOL and ultimately eliminate the AOL service error.
- You may have created a filter for a specific sender, causing you to receive emails from that sender. Try disabling the filter.
- Check your blocklist and unblock the sender you wish to receive the message from.
- Due to heavy traffic, you may experience delays in receiving emails. Wait for a bit for the issue to get resolved.
4. Clear browser cache
- Open your web browser.
- Click on the 3-dot menu.
- Select Settings.
- Click on Privacy and Security from the left pane.
- Select Clear browsing data on the right side.
- Tick the box next to Cached images and files.
- Hit the Clear data button.
What are the other AOL issues and their solutions?
Like every other email service, AOL also has its fair share of errors and issues you will encounter from time to time.
Below are some of the most common AOL issues and their guides to help you resolve them.
- AOL mailbox not available error could happen because of server issues. You can check out our dedicated guide to fix it.
- If you are having issues with your AOL account not responding, we have a guide to help you quickly fix it.
- Facing AOL certificate trust issues? We have a dedicated guide to help you fix the problem.
- If AOL Mail is not syncing with your Windows 10/11 Mail app, then you can follow the steps in this guide to fix the issue.
- You can fix the AOL mail not displaying images problem following the tips mentioned in our dedicated guide.
Let us know, down in the comments below, which one of the solutions helped you resolve the AOL service error. Also, feel free to share any other method that allowed you to fix the problem.